Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9853 Tamper Message Reset

JimM

Hi, our Scantronic 9853 alarm went off last night, put in the user code to stop it and it came up with a BELL TAMPER message on the display and I could not set the alarm again. Tried going into installer mode but when it came out again the same BELL TAMPER message appeared.
This morning I took the lid off the panel to check for loose wires etc but all looked OK, however the anti tamper alarm didn't sound but assumed this was because the alarm wasn't set and had the tamper messaeg displayed. I also opened up the bell box and the anti tamper did kick in so that appears to be working OK but I now have BELL TAMPER and LID TAMPER messages on the display and can't seem to clear them, also noticed that the other keypads have a BUSY message on them.

I'm hoping that the alarm triggered by some random event and it will all be OK after a reset but any ideas on what I need to do to clear the tamper messages to enable me to be able to set the alarm again?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, JimM said:

Hi, our Scantronic 9853 alarm went off last night, put in the user code to stop it and it came up with a BELL TAMPER message on the display and I could not set the alarm again. Tried going into installer mode but when it came out again the same BELL TAMPER message appeared.
This morning I took the lid off the panel to check for loose wires etc but all looked OK, however the anti tamper alarm didn't sound but assumed this was because the alarm wasn't set and had the tamper messaeg displayed. I also opened up the bell box and the anti tamper did kick in so that appears to be working OK but I now have BELL TAMPER and LID TAMPER messages on the display and can't seem to clear them, also noticed that the other keypads have a BUSY message on them.

I'm hoping that the alarm triggered by some random event and it will all be OK after a reset but any ideas on what I need to do to clear the tamper messages to enable me to be able to set the alarm again?

Thanks

Bell box probably packed up 

55 minutes ago, JimM said:

Thanks guys, guess the obvious thing to check is continuity of the cable and if that's OK invest in new bell box. 

Are bell boxes generic or would I need a specific make\model, any suggestions of what to get.

Thanks

Loop bell tamper at bell see if it clears the fault

If not

Loop bell tamper at panel 

One will more less tell you what problem is

Maybe.....

58 minutes ago, JimM said:

Thanks guys, guess the obvious thing to check is continuity of the cable and if that's OK invest in new bell box. 

Are bell boxes generic or would I need a specific make\model, any suggestions of what to get.

Thanks

Wired bells are universal   would recommend something like a pyronix delta bell 

As al said try linking the tamper at the bell to see if the fault goes away   if it does   its the bell that's faulty 

If it doesn't its the cable that is faulty 

Linking the TR to 0v will disable the bell tamper loop (on most panels) to rule out the panel being an issue, which is unlikely but possible.

Not too keen on Deltabell. Any "wired SAB external sounder" should do, many manufacturers from CQR, Honeywell, Texecom, Pyronix. Scantronic/Eaton have one which is most likely to have wiring diagram for 9853 if you need.

They may come as two pieces lid and backplate, companies would have the lid screen printed in bulk so they often come separate.

Strobe flash is high voltage don't go poking it. Electrocution and working at height not a good combination.

7 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Linking the TR to 0v will disable the bell tamper loop (on most panels) to rule out the panel being an issue, which is unlikely but possible.

Not too keen on Deltabell. Any "wired SAB external sounder" should do, many manufacturers from CQR, Honeywell, Texecom, Pyronix. Scantronic/Eaton have one which is most likely to have wiring diagram for 9853 if you need.

They may come as two pieces lid and backplate, companies would have the lid screen printed in bulk so they often come separate.

Strobe flash is high voltage don't go poking it. Electrocution and working at height not a good combination.

Honeywell bells are awful  who remembers the sonade bells