Security Installer Community

Nsi Silver - 1St Inspection

JasonOfOz

The only payment I am not sure about is the need to certificate ALL installations, whether the Client needs / wants it or not.

I don't see why every system needs to be certificated.

Although we wear the cost of it, eventually the Client pays - whether they need it or not.

Doesn't sound right to me, so if someone could clarify, that would be great.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Norman, "...The only payment I am not sure about is the need to certificate ALL installations, whether the Client needs / wants it or not..."

There's a bit in that post which relates to this (albeit distantly). Sorry for the confusion between certification and urn...my fault.

If companies advertise they are insurance approved , it means all there installs should meet the requirements of having a certificate , urn or not, so a piece of paper to certify every install shouldn't matter

I assume inspectors can select any install to check if they wanted ?

Inspectors can choose, but they are often given excuses "...can't see that one today, they are on holiday.." and are often guided to the ones the installer wants them to see..without them realising it of course.

I'll ask again "...Could someone indicate how and when the customer actually uses this URN, since at one time it was only of use to the installer..."

I'll ask again "...Could someone indicate how and when the customer actually uses this URN, since at one time it was only of use to the installer..."

Alarm goes off, signalling device send message to ARC, ARC then pass the URN to the Police, no address or anything just the URN

But going of your posts above, i think you have some knowledge and are not letting on.

Enlighten me...

Age bracket 18-30, 30-40, 40-50 or 50+

Motorbike enthusiast ? 

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

to be honest I've always thought Charlie was an old member under a different guise.

Jason, in the eyes of NSI you must certificate all your installations. add the cost of the cert onto the job otherwise it comes off your bottom line straight away.

"...to be honest I've always thought Charlie was an old member under a different guise..."

Why on earth would you think that..or better..What on earth gives you that impression?

"..Alarm goes off, signalling device send message to ARC, ARC then pass the URN to the Police, no address or anything just the URN.."

And the customer pays fifty two quid (or thereabouts) so that the police can know his/her address..the customer never uses a URN, never has, wouldn't know one if it hit him/her on the head and at the most it's no more than 6 digits if that... A total rip off...at one time there was no charge whatsoever..

"..But going of your posts above, i think you have some knowledge and are not letting on.."

Verry...Ve..rr.rr..yy..limited knowledge I'm afraid, that's why I'm here..to learn off experts like yourself.

Come on Norman ! I know you better than that, I am not even going into my usual 'define plethora' mode because you know and I know that it does not. It's a URN and assuming that you pass that cost directly from the customer to the police then they are making a fortune out of a few letters/numbers flicked out of a computer with a press of the 'return' button.

Come on Norman ! I know you better than that, I am not even going into my usual 'define plethora' mode because you know and I know that it does not. It's a URN and assuming that you pass that cost directly from the customer to the police then they are making a fortune out of a few letters/numbers flicked out of a computer with a press of the 'return' button.

No, no you don't, and I also think it's cheap, bearing in mind professional co's do not mark this up, it's often paid direct by the customer to the local force, why should the public pay for the police time for admin alarms?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Yes, yes, I do. It's not cheap at £52 or so when it was zilch at one time. And your comment "...why should the public pay for the police time for admin alarms?.." is bordering on a highly controversial political topic..so force me to go there if you want a political debate on policing, police funding, the difference between a policeman and a police officer (yep ! there's a difference).. you might as well ask "..why should the public pay for two officers to visit a luxury resort, sun themselves all day and clock off at ten when the pubs are opening ?" or " How much is a police and crime commisionner earning ?". Politics, History and Law..my pet subjects..up to you really, go down that route if you want.