Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 'checking Bus' Message On Exiting Engineering Mode

25 minutes ago, paulm1986 said:

Checked the battery its fine.showing full 13V should it also be 7A?

whats the best panel to replace it with in case i need to change it?

Tnx.

In your case DIY? Ion40 it's not the best though 

1 minute ago, paulm1986 said:

which is the best and easy install + programing

But best is not easy to install and programme and some is not available to public and so on

So with what your already using ion40 is quite a jump up , as the app system is still free , granted some devices one way but it will do for you and making an account is easy aswell when you want to go the self monitoring route which you can't do with a 9651

Best is not easy to install but not available to non trade anyway. Easiest for you would be ION as its what you are used to.

The battery voltage is no indication of its health, a fecked battery will still read 13v the panel has been pushing 13v through it, its not like your torch battery dropping volts as it gets used, you need to load test it too find out if its any good. If its older than 4 years old then you should replace it. If its several years older then it will fail a load test for sure, and that may well be the cause of your bus problem 

• 1 year later...

Can anyone help me exit installer mode on my 9651 unit. I recently replaced the unit as it had a main board fault and I replicated the wiring to the new (used) unit from the original unit. I have powered up and then gone into installer mode and reconfigured the settings to my setup. Then in trying to leave installer mode it went through to 99: checking system and is now in a closed loop displaying - tamper bell, tamper Z01, tamper Z02, tamper Z03....................tamper Z08 and then it repeats the cycle.

I can't get out of this closed loop and don't want to have to do a system reset and start again. Does anyone have any thoughts on why the unit is doing this and how I can resolve the issue?

14 minutes ago, Alarmed-To-Be-Here said:

Can anyone help me exit installer mode on my 9651 unit. I recently replaced the unit as it had a main board fault and I replicated the wiring to the new (used) unit from the original unit. I have powered up and then gone into installer mode and reconfigured the settings to my setup. Then in trying to leave installer mode it went through to 99: checking system and is now in a closed loop displaying - tamper bell, tamper Z01, tamper Z02, tamper Z03....................tamper Z08 and then it repeats the cycle.

I can't get out of this closed loop and don't want to have to do a system reset and start again. Does anyone have any thoughts on why the unit is doing this and how I can resolve the issue?

You missed some settings 

If your pirs are not using a common tamper loop you must set the zone eol section on the panel accordingly option 21?

And if there was no bell tamper problem previously then you have wired the bell tamper incorrectly , or there never was a bell tamper and you haven't closed the loop , you picture of bell connections before swap and after?

Edited by al-yeti

2 hours ago, Alarmed-To-Be-Here said:

: checking system and is now in a closed loop displaying - tamper bell, tamper Z01, tamper Z02, tamper Z03....................tamper Z08 and then it repeats the cycle.

show it a picture of a bus ?

1280px-LTZ1100_Metroline_LT100_Wrightbus_New_Bus_for_London.jpg

when its checked it might just go into day mode ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God