Security Installer Community

Veritas Excel New Install - Eol Question

Mark02

yeah strange even how resistor colour code used any places but switch to optics then they used a diff code , even cat5 is diff to resistor code and other codes lol

Most of our machines we work on run canbus and up to five controller pcb's. Some machines have one canbus while a few have up to 4.

The bigger machines now have pcb's with multiple Sfet's and  many limit switches which are configured in pairs of 1 x operational and 1 x safety.

The JLG's have secondary guarding which is designed to stop the operater elevating himself into a roof or object above him, if he does a pressure bar is activated and the machine reverses itself down by about a foot to stop crushing.

All this technology just to get somebody up X amount of feet to change a light bulb

Edited by Mark02

Modern cars use Canbus and that is one of the 5 protocols there are 4 other protocols pre canbus.

There is a new version called linbus on its way into new cars for faster control.

But for people wanting to know how each ecu talks just think of a galaxy control talking to keypads and rio's I.e pos + and Neg - to each control plus a data signal transmit and return.

Lets take a modern door control module electric windows electric locking. when you press the electric window button the control picks up a circuit change from open to closed ( no resistors unless you have a two stage switch for one touch up ) that control then tells the motor to go up.

Thats like telling a alarm output that if door 1 is open turn on output 1

On the same way if you plug in a diagnostic tool and tell the door module to open the window you can ( unless it's broken )

there are also some cars being remote diagnosed using gprs like you have been able to do for years with alarms :techsupport:

Seems like your panel isn't big enough for all that kit.

Also the panel needs to be located in a room or cupboard at approximately normal room temperature. So no siting in a loft or boiler cupboard.

Ideally spur needs to be adjacent panel so you can isolate it, or on it's own way.

Also wouldn't normally bother with contacts on internal doors if PIR adjacent.

Seems like your panel isn't big enough for all that kit.

Also the panel needs to be located in a room or cupboard at approximately normal room temperature. So no siting in a loft or boiler cupboard.

Ideally spur needs to be adjacent panel so you can isolate it, or on it's own way.

Also wouldn't normally bother with contacts on internal doors if PIR adjacent.

The panel has 8 zones (tbh I don't think I need all of them). I've check current pull on twin alert and that's fine on the board. The panel is actually in the hallway which is very easy to get to (service/maintenance etc) and the spur is about 4 ft away inside cupboard.

I decided to use contact on door as it's a very small and tight hallway and I don't think the pir would work properly and the junk room has a window. I was going to put pir in the room but it can get quite a few draughts in there. Not bothered about the junk, just using that room window as access to rest of house although the door is always locked.

Here is the wiring diagram for the twin alert which I will need to work out what changes to this I need to make for EOL.

The main alarm in this unit pulls 160Ma and the board can handle 1amp so I could add more of these potentially. (my external bell if I fit it pulls 240Ma).

OMG