Security Installer Community

If There Is A Button, You Can't Resist Pressing It Can You?

My car has one of those electronic handbrakes that you press and it puts it on rather than the traditional method. Driving along I wondered if the manufacturer had put any safeguards ie it only works when or actually stationary and how devastating the results might be if a child pressed it in error whilst doing 70 on the m6.

The interest got the better of me and I can confirm that the manufacturer clearly didn't consider some idiot pressing it whilst the car was moving as a possibility.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

My wife's old car had one, it wouldn't work over 7mph which was a pisser when I was trying to handbrake it in the snow.

Also it was under the rhs where only the driver could reach. What car Matthew?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I've got a Astra on hire for the week as mrs Matt wanted to keep our car at home. Not that she goes anywhere :(

Ha ha.Broken hand break cable?

Hope not, it's parked on a hill :)

I was at another alarm company this afternoon for a social visit and they had a nice big egress button by the front door. Despite the fact the front door was wide open had to have a few presses making the ACT controller sound like it was tapping morse code :)

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Hope not, it's parked on a hill :)

It amazes me the number of people who dont park in gear.

• Upvote 1

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

My car has one of those electronic handbrakes that you press and it puts it on rather than the traditional method. Driving along I wondered if the manufacturer had put any safeguards ie it only works when or actually stationary and how devastating the results might be if a child pressed it in error whilst doing 70 on the m6.

The interest got the better of me and I can confirm that the manufacturer clearly didn't consider some idiot pressing it whilst the car was moving as a possibility.

How else would you do handbrake turns?