Security Installer Community

So This Is Why My Cameras Wont Show Remotely

I'm getting about 6meg down 1 meg up at the moment.

My exchange is taking orders according to open reach but neither BT or Sky will accept a order for infinity .

One thing I found bizarre is that the vdsl kit in the street only has limited connections. I think mine can have 200 subscribers, but that cabinet supplies much more so once the capacity is gone, no more FTTC. I was customer 2 to get hooked on but they are assuming that not everyone will want FTTC. I'd say in certain areas it's a dead cert the majority will want it. Where I live there are a lot of elderly so doubt they'll hit capacity but I can see other places might.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

If the routers are on 24/7 as most seem to be these days, don't see why the ISP bothers with dynamic anymore as the router will always have an IP assigned so might as well be a static one.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

If the routers are on 24/7 as most seem to be these days, don't see why the ISP bothers with dynamic anymore as the router will always have an IP assigned so might as well be a static one.

It would be sensible if everyone was on static, I reckon hackers and such could be traced much easier

Basically you had to look up your IP and if it was shared request it to be unshared should you wish to use dyndns etc...

It was only ever used on granny tarrifs i.e. BT Option 1, 1GB max Broadband Only (no TV etc...)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands