Security Installer Community

Speaker Vs Bell On Texecom Premier

zerozero

Hi guys, I'm just detailed planning all the connections etc I need to make on a new Premier 48 installation.

I think I'm a bit confused about the difference between the bell outputs and the speaker outputs on the Premier panel.

Noises I want the system to make

- Internal bell (for say 1 minute on alarm activating)

- external bell (after 1 minute on alarm activating)

- Chimes (24h when door contacts are triggered)

- Squawks (when setting/unsetting the panel)

So there is a bell output on the panel which I assume is for the external bell. (I actually want 2 external bells, can I connect 2 in parallel or do I have to wire 1 to the panel and one to a zone?)

There is a speaker outputs on the keypads (although are they only for making extra loud beeping sounds from the keypad? or can they be programmed to do the squawks / Chimes also?

Can I use the same internal sounders (wired to the keypads/panel loudspeaker connections) for the chimes, internal bell and squawks? Or do they need to be wired differently somehow.

Sorry, I thought I understood this and thought I could just wire a speaker to the control panel, a speaker to the keypad and have these doing the internal bell, chimes and squawks, but now I have my doubts so just hoping someone can set me straight.

Thanks

With the greatest of respect, If you're asking these sort of questions because you have no idea,

I would strongly recommend getting a professional installer or company to come and do this installation for you.

Yes its going to cost you, But it will be installed to standard and will work correctly  when you need it to

Archived