Security Installer Community

Quotation Acceptance Doc

PSE

I will also be interested in how you get on with this.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

I think I must of reinvented the wheel ? We have an online acceptance, I also see what is accepted as well as the admin staff, who deal would normally just deal with it. So I dont accidentally chase customers that have already accepted. The customer can update any wrong information we hold, choose options, tell us how many fobs they would like and its all picked up and added to the pick list, and the final invoice. The best bit is its all paperless

I meant the terms. That sounds very useful.

Its our own, my idea but written by Mr Wakefield himself. However, he is looking to sell to others, including the online jobsheets as well as acceptances. He has done all the hard part its just a question of changing logos and some of the content for each co. The online acceptance now works trouble free for us, so long as the girl filling it in uses the correct quote number, I have to check it before it goes to the customer anyway but twice now she has miss typed the quote number Ive missed it and its ended in confusion. Job sheets are still in the R&D stages they work very well but I have yet to issue IPADS to all engineers.

You check every agreement???

I have to check every quote that goes out and every acceptance that goes out, its part of my quality process. Of course I dont need to check a quote for replacing a bell or similar but we dont ask for acceptances for any repair/replace quotes unless it has a high price tag.

Its not unknown for the one of the girls to put the wrong name or address or price on the quote/acceptance so I check every one, it is hard to spot the wrong quote number but I am more vigilant now. The software will not let you use the same quote number twice so when the wrong number is used it causes all sorts of problems if it goes out  

I have to check every quote that goes out and every acceptance that goes out, its part of my quality process. Of course I dont need to check a quote for replacing a bell or similar but we dont ask for acceptances for any repair/replace quotes unless it has a high price tag.

Its not unknown for the one of the girls to put the wrong name or address or price on the quote/acceptance so I check every one, it is hard to spot the wrong quote number but I am more vigilant now. The software will not let you use the same quote number twice so when the wrong number is used it causes all sorts of problems if it goes out

Ah right, we have the contract merged from alarm master to avoid any errors like that.

Ah right, we have the contract merged from alarm master to avoid any errors like that.

I use filemaker to write the quotes, it is set up with standard paras etc and it calculates the price, merges with the contact details,with purchase ledger when we come to order it and invoice and the order book so we can raise invoices and check progress of the installation. But the online stuff is separate as was our old paper acceptance, so it has to be filled in manually   

I'm looking at some other CRM software at the moment, just about had my fill of AM. I don't want to keep digging by spending more and more time on it.

I got to that point a few years ago with it. What is it that annoys you so much?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived