Security Installer Community

Another Which Wireless Alarm Thread

thorfun

Yep I was going to say exactly that, if its signalled why bother with a live external bell?

I fit a Elmdene 500S internally, and an identical housing to by 'live' bellboxes with a 5 year flashing

LED by Bentley.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not planning to have the system monitored or connected to the police so I want an external sounder.

I hate wires under carpets but if run against the gripper on a short run can be ok ish. If it was floor boards they would be removed no problem. Chipboard on a new build if it was mine I would not be removing it

I would still not go down the wireless route. But my time does not cost me anything. Coving can hide cables well and can have holes cut in it and made good with a bit of time if you are practical.

Trade Member

'New builds', if the builders are worth there salt, they should be allowing for alarms, if they are not then the architect is imho at fault-not rocket science is it, allow for sky, BT, data network etc etc for your multi engineered home-ahhhhh- what about an alarm to protect all this high tech stuff.........ooops...to late.

I'd rather do mini trunking/blaze on top of skirting, it can be easily 'caulked' and blend in once painted, you'd have to look closely to spot the 'addition', protected, easily accessed in the future if required for further cables etc, no realistic chance of damage without obvious signs of such.

but to say running a cable under a carpet is cowboy give the op the wrong impression.

Wasn't me, just said there are other ways.

One of my favourite words :)

Lol.

'New builds', if the builders are worth there salt, they should be allowing for alarms, if they are not then the architect is imho at fault-not rocket science is it, allow for sky, BT, data network etc etc for your multi engineered home-ahhhhh- what about an alarm to protect all this high tech stuff.........ooops...to late.

Problem is, as on my parents estate, the PIR cables can be in silly places, all unlabeled,  and the cable is el cheapo nasty nasty aluminium tat.

Unless you've got a true security bod advising them, and why would they really, it can be just as frustrating in my experience.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Problem is, as on my parents estate, the PIR cables can be in silly places, all unlabeled,  and the cable is el cheapo nasty nasty aluminium tat.

Unless you've got a true security bod advising them, and why would they really, it can be just as frustrating in my experience.

QFA.