Security Installer Community

My First Alarm Panel

al-yeti

• 3 weeks later...

The Monitor 6 which was the rebadged Racall Countess replaced these if I remember rightly, I remember many chats Gordon the tech support guy on the monitor 6. The DA Endevour (or something like endevour) was the bigger panel only come across a couple of those. It was all old DA, Castle 1250's, Munford & White, then Arun Elites, in my earlier days. Moving on to the Abacus and Castle 2300/2700 series with the odd Rascall scattered around LOL  

Earliest I have worked on are Bentley and some Tunstall kit, then nearly all mainstream from 90 ish so I consider myself pretty wet behind the ears with the early stuff.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Earliest I have worked on are Bentley and some Tunstall kit, then nearly all mainstream from 90 ish so I consider myself pretty wet behind the ears with the early stuff.

The early stuff was far more basic, the early programmable stuff on the other hand had its ups and downs. The Arun Elite, Omega, and Omega Petites fell over on any electrical surge or lightning. You never had a problem with the 1250, Bentley, M&W or Tunstall keyswitich panels. The 9100 were the first solid programmable panels imho,  the 9800 and 9600 were also very good, but I never liked the 9500. I liked the early Microtec panels very good PSU's and well put together I always thought

Fitted hundreds of 9800, 9600 and 9500 when I subbied to Modern in the 90's and obv Gal, then Ademco with Wares but the real test came on Service @ the hex, there must have been 200 panel ID's on the sheet they first gave me.

lol i was in tv and video to! good old city and guilds! but that industry took a big dive mid 90s

didnt those 9800's have an eprom which overwrites itself  and can only do it so many times so last many years but that was there main failure......

Yes the 9800 has a chip that often fecks up...

At the time it was still in production and a few p to correct,

I believe its an eBay or surplus store effort now, still cheap

to replace though.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yes the 9800 has a chip that often fecks up...

At the time it was still in production and a few p to correct,

I believe its an eBay or surplus store effort now, still cheap

to replace though.

I was with an engineer a while ago and a 9800 kept losing its memory, I got him to swap the chip (ic5 iirc) with one from his chip blower and hey presto. He was well impressed and had never seen it before, I've not lost it.

Sounds like the one, I forget the type but believe it was old hat even when it was specified by scanny

Something like a wire memory eeprom?? Same as digi chip thats it, forgot that.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 3 weeks later...

what the K105? i dont know but remember soldering the boards back in em 88? maybe to early cant remeber but i just remembered all the links you would cut on installation little cream ones with a black band i think

• 2 weeks later...

what the K105? i dont know but remember soldering the boards back in em 88? maybe to early cant remeber but i just remembered all the links you would cut on installation little cream ones with a black band i think

your stirring distant memories :).

The first i used, wonder if anyone remembers the Ademco Digicom? it used a matrix of holes with tiny nuts, bolts and washers to program it?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived