Security Installer Community

Educating Customers Not To Buy Tat

matthew.brough

Shame Siemens no longer features as a brand Gigaset phones after the sellout, that raised a lot of awareness

of the brand. That said 10000s still out there and will probably last for yonks.

id say 15 yr ago GE was a brand id buy? but since? while there are some great manufactures like honeywell, elmdene and cqr. they have no end user awareness apart from maybe honeywell.

What do Bosch sell in the UK, intruder wise, these days?

Another example of an amazingly respected brand that could have cleaned up, but couldn't be bothered.

Siemens own security marketing within the UK is equally appalling.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

id say 15 yr ago GE was a brand id buy? but since? while there are some great manufactures like honeywell, elmdene and cqr. they have no end user awareness apart from maybe honeywell.

Is it the job of the manufacturer to create that end user awareness?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

As for Siemens, i genuinely think most of Joe P are blissfully unaware the do security products. However, they get a head start due to their overall branding.

blissfully unaware about security products period. but they have a great brand and a great product.

As i said if you knew naff like most buyers would, would you choose the siemens systems or the honeywell one?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

bosch only do sensors in the uk as the panels dont meet the standards, which is a shame but bear in mind regs that are coming i see bosch leave the uk product wise.

Is it the job of the manufacturer to create that end user awareness?

no but brand names work, i believe you think samsung make the best mobile devices?

blissfully unaware about security products period. but they have a great brand and a great product.

As i said if you knew naff like most buyers would, would you choose the siemens systems or the honeywell one?

Siemens - although the light bulb in their washers are sh*t.

#just saying

Whys that?

same reason the panels are gone. they dont see the uk market worth the cost of keeping with our regs when everywhere else will accept it. they will be back once we stop adopting every new reg before most

if that theory was correct no-one would buy a decent product, merc,

Mercedes very mass market, often rusting & buying in expertise from Renault(FWD) yet lots of people will happy get themselves into hock to buy even a used one...

Not sure "Siemens" is going to fire the subscribers imagination ? they still have the same signet rkp in white ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived