Security Installer Community

Educating Customers Not To Buy Tat

matthew.brough

We have all been up against the B&Q / Screwfix / Maplins tat that is about as much use a rave DJ in an old peoples home but the customer believes what we offer and what they can get in the maplin catalogue is the same and that we are just rip off merchents charging 3 times the price and pocketing the diffrence.

There is no realisation that what we are selling probably costs us double what they buy and that is before we make a profite, install it, warranty it, pay our overheads etc.

So here is the $64,000 question. How do we sell a market that as professionals we dearly would love to but the customer thinks we are pirates charging what we do as we refuse to use such sub standard gear?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Maybe we should set up a website that clearly compares images and has lots and lots of customer reviews of it shittteness, and statements from police etc of how **** it is......

then we can all link from our sites to it easy enough :) or direct customers to it when they ask why we cannot match maplins prices. Probably save hours and hours of your time explaining

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

The customer must be generically happy with the tat they buy as these companies sell the gear by the truck load and people aren't returning them in droves because they don't do what they expected so maybe both buyer and seller are happy and it is just us pro's that are upset about it?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

that is about as much use a rave DJ in an old peoples home 

Totally off topic, but pmsl, few weeks ago went into a home where doris couldn't master

the freeview box remote and had some music channel on with some very offensive gansta rap

blasting out at 11 when we arrived. We both couldn't stop laughing.

As for the topic, there is no magic bullet, but I have full demo kit now for most of what I sell, and

for the cameras have ebay tat as well to show how ***** it is. Maybe I should also take a Yale

for the intruder kit...

The customer must be generically happy with the tat they buy as these companies sell the gear by the truck load and people aren't returning them in droves because they don't do what they expected so maybe both buyer and seller are happy and it is just us pro's that are upset about it?

I think they don't know better. Definately in the case of DIY intruder its like 'got my £99 1 door contact, 1 pir, (never set it, haven't thought what would happen if it went off), but I'm safe...'

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

the old yale stuff was rebadged scantronic, but yes since then its tat. but consumers have yeard of yale. unless its a better brand your offerring then the brand of yale will sound better. btw what is your preferred brand vs yale?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Do you actually mean brand or kit?

Because if you mean brand, you're right, they are all unknown to our customers other than Siemens.

However, I think for intruder, that's not always a bad thing, some may equate unknown with obscure = secure, and

older customers who don't routinely google stuff might think 'hey there's a brand you can't buy in the shops'.

No one has ever argued with me along the lines of 'now, I've not heard of this Scantronic lot' so far...

p.s as pointed out last week Yale are now also installing - http://digital.yale.co.uk/checks-surveys

Still stating they are 'SSIAB' approved.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Surely the ONLY reason they continue to sell the tat:

By the time 55 year old fella spends 3 days convincing the wife that he can do it he is not going to spend another day taking it all out and accepting defeat to the wife.

If it was TV's it would simply not work. 55yr old buys tv from maplins and can clearly see it is fuzzy, takes it back and goes elsewhere.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

im saying would you as a consumer choose what brand of kit was being offered.

if you dont care it would be price and id suppose you would buy risco/pyronix or texecom as the cheapest gear.

or would you prefer a brand you have heard of, ie siemens?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived