Security Installer Community

Educating Customers Not To Buy Tat

matthew.brough

I suspect even more difficult for a company like yours to try and sell them

hmmmmm Matt we sell alarms to customers....

Have never had to buy out any contracts to get to where we are ;)

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Funny thing was I tried to get into Siemens last time around, in Bath of all places where

kitchens and utility rooms frequently had £5ks worth of their products...

Customers chose the 9651 bells only quote over the Siemens quote every time.

I'm not saying I made all the right choices back then, and have a very different business model

now, but suffice to say I was very surprised, I chose Siemens then for all the reasons you are

advocating now and the very people I thought would care, didn't.

I think you should only sell monitored alarms :)

hmmmmm Matt we sell alarms to customers....

Have never had to buy out any contracts to get to where we are ;)

I was refering to the fact you are in a part of the world where the last burglary was in 1851 and you stay local to your base

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

You say to average woman would you like new kitchen for 1k or a really nice kitchen for 2k 99% would choose nice kitchen..

as for intruder cctv fire..... As long as it works they would normally choose the lowest cost....

Don't think there is much anyone can do about that, it's the nature of the product. it's not a fun thing to be using.

i dont agree sia is not sold on price its sold on premium. if that theory was correct no-one would buy a decent product, merc, audi, bentley etc would be out of business

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

im meaning as the buyer, i know if i knew nothing of our industry id go for the name i know and had heard of. even honeywell are known for rad valves and heating

And therein lies a valid answer to the chap asking questions on how to sell.

maybe his arc could give 1 yrs free monitoring with each site, passed onto customers :)

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

i dont agree sia is not sold on price its sold on premium. if that theory was correct no-one would buy a decent product, merc, audi, bentley etc would be out of business

MAS wouldn't have any customers either :)

maybe his arc could give 1 yrs free monitoring with each site, passed onto customers :)

I wouldn't do a year, but I'd do 6 months free monitoring as an introductory offer if it sealed a deal on a 2 year contract  . . .

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

my sales have been designing systems on all fronts, siemens wins as a rule due to what it does and the brand and the quality of the brand

Again, I think I would be a lot more successful now on the same jobs, back then I wasn't offering webway or anything like it,

that was 2005, now automation and smartphones are far more mainstream, there is a lot more you can offer, basically like

you said a decent integrated system that actually offers the customer more than a ringing bell.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

But customers in general see it as an alarm........

They do not have pride over the brand of their alarm as they do with cars washing machines etc..

Unless yes you start integrating automation etc......

but for all the ones satisfying insurers No chance

Archived