Security Installer Community

Advice On A Replacement For A Sterling 10 System Please

Darren_M

Do you ever leave that shed of yours?

Not if I can help it. 'shed' is at the top of the garden, the office is an hour and a bits drive crossing a motorway that would struggle to ever get any speeding fines due to the amount of congestion. I quite like being out of the way and I also get to see daughter when she gets home.

Love the way my post is still on the screen - touched a nerve there clearly :)

Indeed :ranting:

True I meant siren Matthew; Just a little discrepancy in terminology across industries.

Anyway, thanks to you both for all the advice.

Much appreciated,

Darren.

No problem. The reason for checking is that a siren is driven off simple 12v and internal stuff can be a speaker which not all panels support so just wanted to check.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Tbh if the panels only problem is the rkp keys, and they are not the pop type, it is doing what it needs to otherwise, perhaps try to dismantle the keypad and clean the buttons base and pcb pads with a lint free cloth.

Even so, technology has moved on in all types of alarm equipment, and many improvements to the features made,

you obviously liked that panel so much, why not simply buy the latest S10? While new detectors i'd suggest is favourable, it's not mandatory as long as yours are working properly why go for all the fuss?

Modern wiring using doel i adopted by most installers, but again set your new panel to BS srandards then you won't need to bother about ressistors, unless you have a high risk attraction to intuce the more sophisticated intruder.

Should you want to change, most any wired detector can be modified to work with most any wired control panel.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Tbh for what the gear costs you should replace it all at the same time, as you will know in your line of work equipment declines as it ages, leds dull, plastic windows become opaque, electrolytic capacitors dry out and become high esr so become less immune to ripple and interference, siren batteries fail and sunlight makes their housings brittle. I would start with a blank canvas and do it right the first time. Doing it this way means you also get the instruction sheets with the new pirs and siren to help you put it all together. Since you like the pyronix gear so much i personally would get a euro mini prox or a 46sm, a deltabell x with lightbox and bosch blueline detectors, that is the current setup at my home, plus a zem32we and a wireless pir for the shed and a rf remote fob with the pgm output driving my garage door opener.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the delay, I have been away for a few days.

The advice seems good. The S10 is obsolete and we have no parts for it. The closest panel we have now is the EuroMini which is 10 inputs and can use EOL or DP (global tamper) to use existing cabling.

We sell a kit via distribution that includes a mini, a Deltabell and three MEQ detectors. The kit was made to replace the old Y2K kit that included the S10.

Hope this helps.

Archived