Security Installer Community

Which Wireless Intruder Alarm Is Best?

PeteNaylor

Don't forget though Pete, if the burglar smashes any kit off the wall before it dials or texts you. you'll NEVER know about it till you get

home. One of the benefits of a pro installation. Maybe rather than a few lost weekends trying to work it all out, might be worth just getting

a couple of quotes from those local to you - there is nothing to stop you going DIY if you really want afterwards?

Agreed. But that is all about risk assessment. And that is offset agains budget. A pro installer can do the risk assessment and you know your budget. Remember the budget includes your own value of your own time. How long will it take your to learn, install, maintain and potentially replace the system if it is later decided to be the wrong one?

I feel the same about pluming. I like having repaired the toilet but my time is better spent earning some money so I can pay a professional to come and do the job well. BTW, I am **** at repairing toilets.

I hate the idea of a complete wireless system, I'd at least get a hard wire to the bell and keypad. I don't know how long the bell batteries last but that's the last thing I'd want to be doing in the sodding rain  :rolleyes:

Once you get your head around the texecom programming I doubt you'd think twice Pete.

I hate the idea of a complete wireless system, I'd at least get a hard wire to the bell and keypad. I don't know how long the bell batteries last but that's the last thing I'd want to be doing in the sodding rain  :rolleyes:

Once you get your head around the texecom programming I doubt you'd think twice Pete.

the client loves the idea though

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

The batteries last 2 to 3 years and take seconds to change. You would still be outside to check the battery and tamper switch and wiring and clean the cover of a wired bellbox at the pm anyway so theres no difference there.

Archived