Security Installer Community

Which Wireless Intruder Alarm Is Best?

PeteNaylor

If I was to use a completely wireless system then I would go for the Pyronix Enforcer myself.

If it was possible to run the bell cable then I would consider using the Texecom Ricochet gear.

I'd agree with the post above by James and recommend using 2 way wireless technology.

Pyronix Enforcer is simple and powerful. Combined control panel and keypad makes fitting easy. Wireless all round. It's pretty easy to use. I think everything comes in the box, no need to buy battery, bell box etc.

Texecom Ricochet is a bit more complex but more powerful. Mesh network is more immune to noise and goes over longer distances. You need battery, bell box etc.

Texecom has a more coherent design from an electronics viewpoint.

Both are two way which is a key feature in detecting jamming and saving batteries.

Avoid the Yale and Friedland/Response stuff. It's insecure, dated, and the functionality really consists of "set alarm off or not".

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

The Texecom is a bit more complex to setup correctly (speaking as someone who doesn't install alarms) - the Pyronix is simpler in those terms.

The documentation is better for Texecom I think, and Wintex is really nice.

The LDCP keypad looks a lot cleaner than a big alarm box as well.

I have a blog, some of which is about alarm security and reverse engineering:
http://cybergibbons.com/

Don't forget though Pete, if the burglar smashes any kit off the wall before it dials or texts you. you'll NEVER know about it till you get

home. One of the benefits of a pro installation. Maybe rather than a few lost weekends trying to work it all out, might be worth just getting

a couple of quotes from those local to you - there is nothing to stop you going DIY if you really want afterwards?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived