Security Installer Community

What Sort Of Detector Is Best For Casement Windows?

cestor

Peter : Thanks for the pointer to Takex, looks very nice quality high security equipment.  The tower beams look a big large in cross section, but there's some good stuff on that site. The DA-101 door sensor looks useful.

bee

I'm also an experienced engineer,  also of 45 years. It's in a different side of electrical and electronics. Of course I havn't got the same level of knowledge of wiring alarms as you, I thought I made that very clear and acknowledged your experience and knowledge in my last post. As for open windows, I repeat we would never, under any circumstances, leave windows open while we are out, The first post you point out is by 'cestor', not me.

High earning power? lol. If you'd read my 'Hello' post, I did mention I am disabled and retired. My earning capacity is zero. In that same post, I explained I am getting my son to do the practical side of this under my supervision. No way am I trying to 'plump feathers', you've totally misinterpreted what I said if you read it that way. Please read it again, i was told EOL wiring was complicated, so I was posting my interpretation of it so Peter could see if I had understood it or not and correct it if not.

I really really don't want an argument Authur, I thought I had been polite and respectful, and I'm sorry if it didn't come across that way to you.

bee

My apologies Bee, my bad in thinking Post #1 was yours.

you seemed to be sneering imho, we do get a fair amount of 'i'm an IT wizard blah! blah! but its like comparing a plumber with a domestic appliance engineer, both work with water both have some common ground, but the jobs and so skills sets needed where it counts, are very different (with respects to both skilled trades).

Over the years i have spent a lot of time as a service engineer tracing out systems for faults, with full respects to you and your son,  i could easily spend an hour or two showing the best way to make simple connections properly and reliable, 'just' so they will not cause problems later.- ever.

Add installing resistors into the mix for the untrained and into not the most friendly of terminations, there is far more scope for error. its not just about understanding the circuit (while it helps), example shorts from 'cats whiskers' or sleeving to short leaving wires exposed ready for making intermittent shorts, and that's before we talk about correct alignment, let alone the suitability due to the condition of the frames and any damp issues.

As i'm sure  most other alarm engineers, i get asked from time to time "why should i pay a company to install my system, when i can buy one from a shed and stick it in myself?"

absolutely nothing in the world stopping you, and you might well achieve a working reliable system (note - i did not say effective), being pragmatic what happens if you don't, where will you turn after the 5th or 25th  "unexplained" false alarm? Then the possible frustration from the neighbours losing their sleep, banging on your front door to complain, and possibly falling out with your son.

but it is - as always, your own decision.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

cubit, is it possible that your position with arf makes you hate all posts he makes? I would prefer if both of you read them in a different light. Its known that I don't read all of arfs posts due to length but it also known I think both of you are sound lads in the flesh?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

cubit, is it possible that your position with arf makes you hate all posts he makes? I would prefer if both of you read them in a different light. Its known that I don't read all of arfs posts due to length but it also known I think both of you are sound lads in the flesh?

No.

Archived