Security Installer Community

Setting Up Groups On A Gd96

Keypad don't look the best id agree but a very powerful panel back in in 1998 and still is. However Honeywell are not taking it much further over the years. Id still put it up against your prefered risco tat arf

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Keypad don't look the best id agree but a very powerful panel back in in 1998 and still is. However Honeywell are not taking it much further over the years. Id still put it up against your prefered risco tat arf

i just knew you'd bite James :)

as a small footprint trader i'm very conscious of reliability and sell ability, the client rarely appreciates or see's the technical beauty of an alarm system, i'd vouch especially the women folk who will often dismiss it as boys toys.

so the alarm is judged because it's ugly keypad is seen several times a day, an eye sore is an eye sore and then gets stuffed in a cupboard, thats not a good advert for me.

i want the keypads neatness to draw attention of the householders female friends so they at least ask about it, encouraging the owner to say nice things about me, reliability blah blah! give them a card.

not going to happen so much with that elephant in the room, i just know Mrs Mo (she of the fiery breath persuasion) would detest the very sight of that rkp tbh.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

While we're on about Risco tat, found out the other day we've got a Risco prosys on the booked.

Take over a year or so ago. While a load of ***** that is. PITA getting into engineers.

Outputs to dualcom were on a 4pin thing as if it were a old scanny using plug on outputs.

Hopefully it will go tits up soon. And we can rip it out and put a Galaxy in :)

While we're on about Risco tat, found out the other day we've got a Risco prosys on the booked.

Take over a year or so ago. While a load of ***** that is. PITA getting into engineers.

Outputs to dualcom were on a 4pin thing as if it were a old scanny using plug on outputs.

Hopefully it will go tits up soon. And we can rip it out and put a Galaxy in :)

star 7 hash NNNN hash - whats so hard about that? i do it in my my sleep now :)

but then i do ave the '40 at home

tbf they take a bit of getting used to, imho a very powerful unit for the money with a 254 zone soon to be released.

if done properly, you should have a STU board that accepts plug-in Tx or use wired programmable outputs. and its best to be exp1, so the outputs run from 7 (1), 8 (2) and so on. this leaves the panels onboard outputs free for other things.

And Risco Gadrtec  tat is just that.

Had 3 panels fall over now since being here.

We are moving away form them in a hurry.

Also agree HKC could have thought out the RKP style a tad better.

And quit the bloody blue backlighting, it was naff when it came out before alarm RKPs started using it.

Arf- it was a takeover from a national .

I suppose its just what you are used to makes things easy .

No probs here, being a small company i keep my spare parts stock to less needed by keeping to the same maker. Tbh using more and more Agilities than anything else but keep 2 g600s 1 metal other plastic as stanby, replacements for other failed or old wired systems.

And Risco Gadrtec tat is just that.

Had 3 panels fall over now since being here.

We are moving away form them in a hurry.

Also agree HKC could have thought out the RKP style a tad better.

And quit the bloody blue backlighting, it was naff when it came out before alarm RKPs started using it.

Aside early sirens, thats more than me over the twenty years i've used them :).

Racal apollos i had nothing but trouble with, yet seems everyone else just loved them. Lynx pirs, never an issue, still have dozens in place. yet again had a very bad name in the trade.

No accounting technically for the different experiences had, i believe if you think an item is bad, it gets a bigger kicking on its 'rep' perhaps?

I know i would not buy Texicoms 1st PIR, because it was cheap looking, only a fiver and had 5 years warranty - nothing lasts five years now - do it?

look where they are now :)

Archived