Security Installer Community

Setting Up Groups On A Gd96

An example would be various tennants on different floors of the building. They all fob to set their floor, then when the last group is set it sets area 8.

Im not sure this will help the OPs situation, though. Not really fully understanding what he wants to do.

I suppose you could use the vipers in a common area. That might be an easier way.

Not sure if that would work with just 1 group. Ill have a play around with my test rig. Only ever done common areas with 2+groups

Yes question is can you do it when your only dealing with two groups. I dont see why not.

hi all.

the system at the moment has sensors in the house and shocks on the windows.

the user wants to be able to set all sensor when they go out. but when they are at home they want to be able to just set the shocks.

i tryed butting all the shocks on group A2 and the rest of the house on A1.

all sets fine but when they come in and unset the system it will only unset A1 and they have to re-enter code to they pick group A2 to disarm it.

want to try and make it as easy and simple as i can for them.

I have looked at part sets and on the touch screen it show timed set what is set up for all. part that is set up for bedtime, but there is also a home set? but in the book it just talked about part set. if i could set up home set to just work the shocks that would be better but once again not seen any info on setting up home set?

2 thoughts. Wouldn't it be easier to keep everything in one area and just have the shocks as 24 hour zones?

Problem there is window cleaners, gardener the dotty aunt who insists in tapping every ruddy window if they don't answer and think have not heard the ruddy door bell.

Depends how it works on your panel, put i'm thinking use 'cleaner' level codes, that allow part access.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I've just set up a system with 3 groups, the 3rd being a common area. Works fine with setting logic, 3 will only set if 1&2 are. 3will then unset if either 1, or 2 is unset. As said weather it can be done with group 1 as the house, then 2 as the common, setting logic, 1 has to be set for 2 to arm I'm not sure. I also used fobs.

Groups are really designed for subsystems.

Can you not use part set for this?

But you can set a code for different groups ie

1234 for group 1 and 2

5678 for group 1

9012 for group 2

Done this before on. 2500. Basically a three digit code, then the last number the area. Kept it simple ish!

Or assign the clean contact relay as set/unset, make it a key switch zone just for the window group, instant set, would that work? (Possible fail set issues though?)

• 2 weeks later...

back on this subject..  we got a dimension which up until now has only been required to full set.  we now need to setup a part set but as above experience of part sets on galaxy is very limited. front door is final, hallway is exit - problem is the hallway is picking up on exit when the PART SET option is enabled and disabled?  so we can't get anymore than 1m away from the keypad without an exit fault - what am I missing?

Archived