Security Installer Community

Setting Up Groups On A Gd96

hi all.

setting up groups on a GD96.

story is the owner wants all the house to work as one when they go out but then there in they want to have the option to set all the shock sensors on the windows as another group for when there in in the daytime or before they go to bed.

I have tryed setting all the shocks as there our group A2 and the reset of the sensors as another group A1.

so when they go out they arm both groups but when they come in it only turns off the group A1 and dose not turn off A2?

I know there is setting for how one group affects another but never had to do much with groups on a galaxy.

thanks Dan.

hi all.

setting up groups on a GD96.

story is the owner wants all the house to work as one when they go out but then there in they want to have the option to set all the shock sensors on the windows as another group for when there in in the daytime or before they go to bed.

I have tryed setting all the shocks as there our group A2 and the reset of the sensors as another group A1.

so when they go out they arm both groups but when they come in it only turns off the group A1 and dose not turn off A2?

I know there is setting for how one group affects another but never had to do much with groups on a galaxy.

thanks Dan.

2 thoughts. Wouldn't it be easier to keep everything in one area and just have the shocks as 24 hour zones?

Failing that if you want the manual control wouldn't it be easier to leave everything in 1 area and use links?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

leave everything in 1 area and use links?

we always have a nightmare using bigger gals in domestics, we set one up once using links to shunt out certain detectors but is signals an omit so it didn't work out

we always have a nightmare using bigger gals in domestics, we set one up once using links to shunt out certain detectors but is signals an omit so it didn't work out

Make it a conditional alarm so that it only gets actioned when the system is closed

Make it a conditional alarm so that it only gets actioned when the system is closed

might look at this again on the next service visit (how old fashioned eh..) good shout and not sure if we tried this or not!

might look at this again on the next service visit (how old fashioned eh..) good shout and not sure if we tried this or not!

It would be something the ARC would have to do. The panel can't do it and it also insists on displaying tons of stuff on the LCD screen which used to cause us to get a unusually high number of calls.

On my belvoed panel zone shunting is very powerful and you can control the signalling and displays on the keypad. Far more powerful than links.

Don't know if Sentinel can do it but in MAS you just tag the event code to log when disarmed which would do the trick for you

post-43585-0-79932900-1369775469_thumb.j

post-43585-0-57222900-1369775477_thumb.j

Archived