Security Installer Community

Hobbyist

Dan24

I know someone who is now in the trade who used to have a few pan tilt heads mounted onto his house! 

I'd always been into alarms and it was pre days of the likes of tsi so had no encouragement or people to ask for help.

If there is anything you want to know then you have a huge pool of talent right here. Have you taken any steps to persue your interest such as ask an alarm company for a chance to spend some time with them to see what it's like?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Have you taken any steps to persue your interest such as ask an alarm company for a chance to spend some time with them to see what it's like?

and so the grooming begins...

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

and so the grooming begins...

Shut it!

I started off playing with stuff in my back bedroom and ended up running my own installer and arc.

We should encourage people and guide them into our trade and share what we know with the new blood.

Shut it!

I started off playing with stuff in my back bedroom and ended up running my own installer and arc.

We should encourage people and guide them into our trade and share what we know with the new blood.

But not the sparkies though eh?

Shut it!

I noticed HTML in your signature - are you into coding? 

I'm hoping to go into manufacturing in the security industry, either programming or with electronics... Still not sure yet though. I might become an installer, help stop the spreading of a particular company who rip everyone off and conveniently have a name similar to an STD... 

At one point I was going to fit a fire alarm system in our house! Parents seemed against the red cables running through my wardrobe though...

I might become an installer, help stop the spreading of a particular company who rip everyone off and conveniently have a name similar to an STD...

I'd say one of the best career plans would be get a job at "STD"...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I noticed HTML in your signature - are you into coding? 

I'm hoping to go into manufacturing in the security industry, either programming or with electronics... Still not sure yet though. I might become an installer, help stop the spreading of a particular company who rip everyone off and conveniently have a name similar to an STD... 

At one point I was going to fit a fire alarm system in our house! Parents seemed against the red cables running through my wardrobe though...

Done that. My signature was placed there by others so the coding is complimentary of Mr H.

I started my time in ADT, they really aren't as bad as you think and many of their employees are here.

They are wonderful employers.

As agreed get in with a big company now and learn the trade. It is good you have the DIY experience of top equipment so far.

I'm sure a young lad was in here before for equipment etc.

Hope you progress in this industry. Good luck young gun!

!

I'm hoping to go into manufacturing in the security industry, either programming or with electronics...

I'm not sure I would advise having anything to do with manufacturing as a long term career plan unless you want to emigrate to Africa. Hardly anything is built in the UK anymore.  There's still a little bit of hardware design, but it's pretty much gone too.

Becoming a software engineer is probably a better bet if you have the brains for it.

Archived