Security Installer Community

Criminal Convictions And The Nsi

Okay thanks peter and everyone else who replied sensibly. To the clowns who find it funny hope you never lose a child and lose the plot as i did!

no ones taking the p mate,you never explained the circs,if that was the case im sure everyone would understand,personally if anyone hurt my kids id happily do life

really? So if your aware you could have 3 ex burglars on the books?

4 - if the MD's one lol!

A couple of extremes -

I worked for Combat Alarms (now defunct) who were NSCIA and one of the supervisors was an ex-con, no idea what he did, but not the sort even I would have argued with, but remove a thorn, buy him tea anything to keep him calm :).

I know a long time back now, Chubbs Wardens had not long started, and Chubbs Alarms got a real kicking in the papers for employing an apprentice who got caught nicking a pint of milk when he was 12, headline was 'what has Chubb's Security become?' and had to let what was a talented future prospect go.

Things change, imho Likely if a big name they won't, smaller non-household name as long as you convince and don't mind natural close scrutiny, you might be given a chance, if so take it, but be straight with them, they are effectively risking their good name in giving you a chance.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

ABH and GBH charges and convictions are not often that simple, its not like theft or fraud etc. One mans ABH is anothers self defence. I would not rule you out on those convictions, even more so if you had worked for me for such a long time in the past.

Everyone must be screened to BS7858 and so suitability is to be considered by your employer, however if the company is NSI/SSAIB approved they will also have to do a Annexe C check with the police force of the area in which you live in accordance with the ACPO policy, and it is this that you may struggle to receive clearance from.

CRB has been replaced with DBS checks, and not everyone is entitled to have one done, unless you work with or have frequent contact with children or vulnerable adults then you could be fined for applying for a disclosure if you do not meet the right criteria.

The NSI would only have a issue if the person with the convictions was a director or top level manager within the organisation.

I Think everyones personal circumstances leading to such incidents should be considered, as others have said you may well of been cautioned for assualt but it could of been an act of self defence etc

Nobody is perfect and personally if I was doing the screening I would speak to the candidate and try and get the background story, or if I was the applicant I would share the background story without being asked.

and Chubbs Alarms got a real kicking in the papers for employing an apprentice who got caught nicking a pint of milk when he was 12, headline was 'what has Chubb's Security become?' and had to let what was a talented future prospect go.

Pre 1974 ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Is that an unpublished one?

lol!

pre 1974? feels more prehistoric tbh. can't remember the year just the fuss made. hardly in train robber territory.

i used to tie cotton from the milk bottle and to the knocker, knock and run, door opens yanks the cotton smashes milk bottle on the step.

just a prank in my mind at the time, be criminal damage today and i'd get an 'assessment' not a record.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived