Security Installer Community

Panels That Send Text Messages

kka

as i don't give out my contact details, unheeded paper proves nothing i won't be showing anything. unfortunately people go tiofar as in trying to show my private residence in here.

Not asking you give out contact info, simply to post the full detail of the warranty you give. Let us be the judge if it proves nothing. You claim to provide a three year warranty, substantiate the finer detail please.

While employed i've been in his shoes on black list appointments, i felt his embarrassment and i'm sure anger at being placed in that situation. The installer has refused to correct for no charge - why should there be one? they pay an annual fee for their engineers ti maintain the system, their site clearly states the replace damaged detectors within their charges, so i advised to call in the inspectorate and TS, they informed the inspectorate, this was August/September last year, to date no reaction.

if thats not a disgrace what is?

But in fairness that could equally apply to one of your jobs? You install to what you claim is the correct standard, but who tells you it is correct? Anyone can tell themselves there right all of the time. The type of work you say you do then the work is not being done because of insurance requirement so the end user is not going to know if its installed correctly, all there bothered about is if it sets/unsets and looks tidy.

their site clearly states the replace damaged detectors within their charges,

damaged ? yeah the industry uses that term so the sub can smash them off the wall & get shinny new ones for free,

I suspect everyone's got stuff like post 40, I know I have & its normally somebody else **** that I've documented & costed for but the subscriber is happy to leave off the system

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

As a consumer, I'd buy off Arf over any of us here.

Direct access to the bossman 24/7 and to rmr for warranty with the personal service. I'd buy that.

I don't like arfs model from a business point of view, but as a customer who didn't need a NSI/SSAIB company he would be top of my list as a punter.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Not asking you give out contact info, simply to post the full detail of the warranty you give. Let us be the judge if it proves nothing. You claim to provide a three year warranty, substantiate the finer detail please.

But in fairness that could equally apply to one of your jobs? You install to what you claim is the correct standard, but who tells you it is correct? Anyone can tell themselves there right all of the time. The type of work you say you do then the work is not being done because of insurance requirement so the end user is not going to know if its installed correctly, all there bothered about is if it sets/unsets and looks tidy.

being right all the time is a consequence of not ever being wrong ;).

to you not think i read? do you not think i actually deeply care and take pride in what i do? i'm no 5 minute wanna be with gold plated clip gun and calibrated meter (i'm the neon man lol!)

NO SWING INTENDED TOWARDS THOSE COMPANIES WHO ADHERE TO QUALITY AND STANDARDS.

even a novice buying todays kit from electrical outlet would have a hard time to bugger up standards in Grade 1, (how ever was it adorned with the impressively over kill tittle of being a GRADE?).

all todays graded kit conforms to particular grading design standards and come's with location, fitting advice false alarm and coverage advice - even devices and panels supplied to trade only kit. ever wondered why if the trade knows all the standards, do they need such advice suplied? - because of inexperience, poor training or basically being on 3 systems a day monkeys on bonus! forced into using 'bang it in and bugger off quick' tactics just to get to the next one. no time to properly show users the operation, reassure in the systems competence to protect, in many cases very lucky to get more than one code and the user book pointed out for them to read!,

you trying to tell me without exception, having an inspectorate membership suddenly makes every single such registered installer angels - REALLY?

i sincerely respect those who really try as i do to be on the nail, but from what i have seen with my own unbelieving eyes is the to high amount crapp installed by so called registered installers, not put right even when complained about, and yet so easily noticed by a trained eye. you might fairly claim theres always a few bad apples in any organisation, which is true, - so i prefer NOT to hypocritically share their company, under a banner stating ALL members conform when they simply don't. and worse that inspectorate assures to ensures it!

EVEN WORSE if those bodies can't be relied on, then the client is paying more for the 'privilege' of being rooked by the 'bad apples' they are 'working with' which seems are rarely kicked, out by making such blatant claims.

i have stated this before, at an NSI come and join seminar iirc 7 years ago i asked if i as a registered installer were find work that was substandard by another same body registered installer, who would i report it to?

i was totally shocked and dismayed by the answer "you don't, the client has paid for that certification it is for them to report it" my response was "so lets all leave the cat looking after the cream then shall we".

i followed with asking how many certificates are issued annually, some massive figures were proudly, even boastingly given, so i then asked how many inspectors they had? astonished, i listened ti the answer 18 --YES---- 18 no typo! incredulously, it was volenteered currently 3 were off long term sick, 2 on holiday one was retiring next week.

While i admired the honesty i asked "adding all the past active certifications to this years average of new certifications, now divide that by the number of currently active inspectors, how do you manage to guarantee quality of anything?

the word embarrassment just did not describe it!

perhaos they will follow the RPMV trend? and use RIBV (Remote Inspectorate Body Visits)? while that ratio i hope might have improved - i doubt it to any really effective degree.

thought occurs - do you think perhaps APCO apparent acceptance of '999' calls from ARC's taken even from 'sparky specials' PJ's and DIY, not requiring a URN for response, shows perhaps they ere beginning to disbelieve.. be thinking just a little bit like like me? That due to too many 'bad apples' in either barrel - why bother to discriminate?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

As a consumer, I'd buy off Arf over any of us here.

Direct access to the bossman 24/7 and to rmr for warranty with the personal service. I'd buy that.

I don't like arfs model from a business point of view, but as a customer who didn't need a NSI/SSAIB company he would be top of my list as a punter.

you forgot FREE response, no annual fee's

obviously i often have to compete against others, fortunately i'm trusted to get mainly word of mouth, often i get work from where systems by others are rogue, many calls no fix.

perhaps i'm am nothing special but i do have a real depth of experience in install and fault finding over a very wide range, which i apply to my systems and fault avoidance, and i do what i say i will do when i said i would do it.

people making a fuss about my 3 year warranty - why? kit is now 3 years plus, as Jame's has said, modern kit (installed properly) is far more reliable than it was 10 years ago.

i have no difficulty installing reliable systems by myself, both small and large. If i get a few duff items over a year they usually show up in the first few months, anyone going to charge for them?

so overall that warranty costs me near nothing against the work i win simply by offering that 'knock out' warranty over even the biggest of competitors.

i still charge for damage, vandalism etc. out of hours call's if i have to attend (rarely) then kit is still covered but not travelling and time which is at day rate (as warrantee Already covers the normal hours of labour part).

i just think on my clients behalf (and simply out of respect for that trust) it was me who designed, chose the appropriate kit and installed it, i should stand by my (view of) professionalism for more than a year.

Relentless Quality - imho cheapest advertising medium in the world surely?

This is not a side swipe, any relatively good company can do the same - as long as their standards are truly good, it costs virtually nothing extra, just baffles me why they don't, especially when charging m&m fee's on top.

using Jame again, cars are getting 7 years warrantee's - time we caught up do you not think?

Arf re inspectorate complaint definetly no response? Which one?

As with tbe installer having no opertunity to reply, dipite my disgust, i afford thr same courtesy to that so called 'inspectorate'.

either brand i have brought up issues, in real life the client while annoyed needs one or the other for insurrance cover & URN, but has little time to persue. If he did it could tske a long time to get 'we are working with them'. meanwhile their system remains not up to scratch at best.

if it came to the crunch, effectively not insurred either as disconnections were very unlikely to have been notified to them, no copies could be produce, the client had no clue either.

If they change installer (as they have done now to me) they will have additional expense involved update/repairing to a competent standard.

So how has using a registered installer protected them, any better than using non-registered like me?

They did not even know or care i suspect,there is two 'inspectorate' bodies, they trusted one recommended from the registered installers list.

All they care about and rightly so is to be able to have insurrance cover and Police Response, sing all you like about choosing inspectorate advantages, boils down to this client as many many others was not served best by that mantra

damaged ? yeah the industry uses that term so the sub can smash them off the wall & get shinny new ones for free,

I suspect everyone's got stuff like post 40, I know I have & its normally somebody else **** that I've documented & costed for but the subscriber is happy to leave off the system

This is not some small time firm that you might have the custom of, but a respectable muti-national.

Smashing detectors to get new would not cross their mind like the Lo Rent cheapskates you obviously have to deal with - the ones i turn down.

Archived