Security Installer Community

Replacing Rkp

Rekusu

But Honeywell are keen in pushing the switch sell on the flex.

if they didn't put that ridiculous power supply in there and waste half the space in the panel (i'm sure you could get a webway in there if they thought it through more) and priced it better we'd probably be using them 

Couldn't possibly comment

i hear you..

and availability..  flex 20 with keyprox currently showing as limited quantities across the whole of ADI.  i would have thought they would be pushing this like crazy and have them stacked up at the counters.

It could be part of a strategy. Ms did it with surface pro

what, to not have enough stock of a product you're pushing to replace an older product??  bit backwards.

Returning to my original question, and may thanks for all the advice. I have suggested to the neighbour that it will be better to replace the panel and contary to what has been said above, I would go with the Accanta G4 Mini as Ihave fitted one to my own house and 'kind of' understand it.

But a couple of things.  Research constanly mentions EOL resistors.  In my own system, there are none and everything appears to work as it should.  Additionally the installation manual ha no mention of EOL resistors.  Have I missed something?

Back to the neighbour's alarm;  she currently has a key fob activation which I don't feel is necessary as the Accenta RKP has a 'Set' button.  Surely just as easy?  She also has a very old interior sounder that she would like replaced.  Recommendations please.  Have read that the Sound Bomb is good.  Looking at the TLC web site, does this just mount directly onto the wall or does it need battery, box and other bits and pieces?

Thanks

Rex

Intended to add this info to the above.  Her current panel has  zones 6 and 7 wired as Fire.  Z8 has an EOL resistor.  She has two Fire Guardian alarms installed, but the manufacturer tech dept. says that they are stand alone, and there is no facitily to wire into a burglar alarm.   What sort of fire sensor would I be looking for in the house?  Anternative, in installing a new panel for her, I would just connect the two fire zones as they are and program accordingly.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rex

Returning to my original question, and may thanks for all the advice. I have suggested to the neighbour that it will be better to replace the panel and contary to what has been said above, I would go with the Accanta G4 Mini as Ihave fitted one to my own house and 'kind of' understand it.

But a couple of things.  Research constanly mentions EOL resistors.  In my own system, there are none and everything appears to work as it should.  Additionally the installation manual ha no mention of EOL resistors.  Have I missed something?

Back to the neighbour's alarm;  she currently has a key fob activation which I don't feel is necessary as the Accenta RKP has a 'Set' button.  Surely just as easy?  She also has a very old interior sounder that she would like replaced.  Recommendations please.  Have read that the Sound Bomb is good.  Looking at the TLC web site, does this just mount directly onto the wall or does it need battery, box and other bits and pieces?

Thanks

Rex

Hi Rex,

Just to mention that '+1' wasn't directly aimed at you - if you have already fitted a Accenta it would certainly be the way to go for you if the lady really doesn't want to get someone in. I think from all your trials though you are at that stage and the old system is fit for the bin.

Your own system will probably not have EOL simply because the panel doesn't support it - it doesn't mean you have done anything wrong! It does mean you will probably have to remove those already fitted on this existing system though if you are keeping the existing detectors.

With the internal sounder it depends if it is just an extension speaker or a fully blown internal SAB unit. From what I can see of the G3 it supports an extension speaker, so assume the G4 does too.

hope this helps,

Stuart.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived