Security Installer Community

Replacing Rkp

Rekusu

Hi there,

As mentioned in my previous thread regarding repairing some cable on a elder neighbour's alarm, and scouring this forum, I see that her keypad is a ACT Accord XPC. I see that this RKP is considered obsolete.

If she wants to replace it, what would be a good choice? Can it be replaced with any RKP?

Thanks

Rex

Most systems will only work with 1 keypad. Better panels work with a range of keypads but this still has to be from the same manufacturer. ID guess its not an ACT accord but an ADT one.

It would probably be eaisier and cheaper to replace the panel.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks for the replies. I think it is an ADT as that is the logo on the sounder. Before the mouse had a meal of the mains cable, and the alarm was disconnected, I am let to believe that everything worked.

So hopefully, replacing the eaten bit, get a new battery and power it up, all should be hunky dory and perhaps it will have the same settings.

Rex

Just to give a heads-up; found the 3a fuse, it was next to the 13A from which the system is spurred, in an adjacent room. Reconnected the mains through a junction box and soldered the sensor cable.

Have the internal sounder working but the rkp does not illuminate (yet.)

Any advice? I have a copy of the manual.

Thanks

Rex

Yes, the Aux fuse has blown. Have a replacement in hand but yet to fit it. And so to the next question.

Having repaired the mains and sensor cable (nibbled by a mouse), when I reconnected the mains, the internal sound activated. The keypad was inactive (probably due to the blown Aux fuse) so could not enter engineer mode. Stopped the sound by disconnecting the back-up battery in the control box and the Ni-Cad in the sounder itself.

When I replace the Aux fuse and reconnect the mains again, how do I prevent the internal sound activating while checking the system? Obviously to reconnect the Ni-cad, I will have activated the sounder tamper which will cause the sounder to work.

With it working, will entering the engineer mode (assuming the Aux fuse brings the RKP to life) turn it off?

Thanks

Rekusu

Archived