Security Installer Community

Replacing Rkp

Rekusu

Replaced the Aux fuse and the RKP came to life.

However, things not as easy as they would appear. 1/ there is a constant pitch from the RKP; 2/ the Bell symbol is flashing with the number 6 after it. I assume this is a tamper fault in zone 6.

The ladies code number does not cancel the noise, nor does entering the engineer code. She has only four sensors and two fire alarms wired up, but 8 zones on the pcb have 5 wired as sensors, 2 as fire and one with a resistor across it.

How do I cancel the RKP noise and get the panel operating again?

Many thanks,

Rex

Don't know why the fuse blew originall as that was about two years ago. 

Apparently, the alarm activated when the couple were on holiday and their son arranged for ADT to turn it off.  When they returned, ADT came again to fix, found the wire that the mouse had nibble and quoted £2k to rewire everything.  They declined and cancelled the ADT contract.

I have rapaired the mains and sensor cable and now the RKP does power up but.

There is a constant buzz for the RKP; it displays a circle in the centre, flashing bell on the top left and number 6 in the top middle.  It has shown a battery with cross (that has now gone) and a phone handset wtih cross but that is understandable as they originally had a monitored service and now don't.  Also, I have disconnected the phone wires on the pcb. 

However, no amount of entering the user code or * + # 9090 (engineer mode) cancels the constant RKP buzzing nor lets me into the coding to reset anything.

Grateful for some advice.  I found the manaul on the net and have it but it does not seem to address this issue whatsoever.

Thanks

Rex

If its been powered down for 2 years I'd say it defaulted itself.

Personally I'd rip it out and start again . But then again I've got a galaxy g3 and a box I'd detectors in the garage I've yet to replace my current alarm system with . XR1 :)

Archived