Security Installer Community

Home Automation Panels

Know anything about American alarm systems?  Their idea of an external sounder is  + & - to ring & two wires for tamper.

a bit,worked on focus for a while,2 wires for tamper,whats a 0v return then? forget sounders no one listens to them and no one foams them anymore

Don't forget the Ademco door contacts, huge external screws for the contact, & NO tamper

when was the last time,if ever a first time you seen a domestic contact bypassed...its a good system for keyholder responce,it would sell in the thousands in the uk,its what people want in todays gadget market..

Fact is though home automation is going to be big and has been overlooked imo by all the panel manufacturers in the uk.

We are going to do this but probably without a control panel. Basic security is included in these units and is what people want.

My own system uses 1-wire stuff for temp monitoring and z-wave for device and HVAC control. 

Im trying to link it to my HKC for useful info from the alarm but all i really need is to be able to arm/part/disarm via the HA and report alarm events into the HA system. 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Fact is though home automation is going to be big and has been overlooked imo by all the panel manufacturers in the uk.

We are going to do this but probably without a control panel. Basic security is included in these units and is what people want.

My own system uses 1-wire stuff for temp monitoring and z-wave for device and HVAC control. 

Im trying to link it to my HKC for useful info from the alarm but all i really need is to be able to arm/part/disarm via the HA and report alarm events into the HA system. 

agree james,people want all the latest gadgets without a total rewire,that pulse thing if adapted to the uk markets would be massive..

No probably not (ie pulse) but low end basic HA is in demand. Plus panels like the powermax are already linked to the likes of homeseer. 

Once mine is finished and running correctly ill do a little review. 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

No probably not (ie pulse) but low end basic HA is in demand. Plus panels like the powermax are already linked to the likes of homeseer. 

Once mine is finished and running correctly ill do a little review. 

disagree mate,its what the domestic market wants,lets face it we can do anything with our smart phones,download and print wireless,watch tv,then we have to go downstairs to set the optima on part set and walk back up knowing that when it does go off no one cares...i like the pulse concept,but why in these days are the yanks way ahead of us in things like the pulse,i dont get it..

Archived