Security Installer Community

Ideas For Early Warning System To Protect When At Home

swift

is there a chance of the same thing happening again?
My first thought.

This post caused me to fix a camera I have which has been down for some months. I don't have any special reasons for feeling threatened but there are some nutter out there.
Ditto had a camera with a bit of condensation in, since the last bout of heavy rain.

Armed gangs up and down the country are targeting asian gold shops and asian families.  
Unfortunately there are armed gangs up and down the country targeting people for for all-sorts

Did some research on this in the days following the incident, try to work out if they could have got in if the door was locked and no sign of forced entry. Was absolutely shocked to  see just how easy it was to get into doors with euro-cylinder locks.
After occasionally helping local councils with nuisance alarms and meeting locksmiths on site; I found there just too easy.

Would be best to have a separate intercom system IMO.

Also working from inside out would be best. You don't build a skyscraper on sand.

Solid high end intruder protection is the step forward the system can be programmed as you like.

If you have had issues at the front door, do you not thing it's best to keep it armed on perimeter set?

If you lock the front door there's no problem IMO, you just have to program yourself to "disarm then unlock" for example.

However depending on the setup there are solutions.

don't want to tempt fate by saying anything.  The reason why it happened was - Gold.  There is a silent epidemic sweeping the country, not much in the way of media coverage or Police doing much about it.  Armed gangs up and down the country are targeting asian gold shops and asian families.  

Yep.

Handed some footage over to Dibble regarding this a couple of weeks ago.

Whilst they were here their radio was rather active with ongoing incidents of burglaries/suspected on Asian premises.

Mind you, we have enough for them to go at.

is there a chance of the same thing happening again?

my question should have read, were you targeted or just unlucky.  if targeted then get a HU alarm in (with dual path signalling),  reinforce 1 room to withstand violent attack for 10 mins (this is probably harder than it sounds) at least you have somewhere to go if you can make it.  i think white light outside on beams or GJD would be good, this should wake you up and checking out the window would verify the cause (forget monitors)

do you need to keep the gear onsite?

Id guess the gold is insured its the family where the concern comes from?

No insurance - just one of many stupid mistakes on my part - just one of those things when it came renewal time and having never made a claim in decades, just got pushed down the list of things to do.

my question should have read, were you targeted or just unlucky.  if targeted then get a HU alarm in (with dual path signalling),  reinforce 1 room to withstand violent attack for 10 mins (this is probably harder than it sounds) at least you have somewhere to go if you can make it.  i think white light outside on beams or GJD would be good, this should wake you up and checking out the window would verify the cause (forget monitors)

do you need to keep the gear onsite?

very much targeted, they did their homework, had been watching us for a while for a number of days.  

They cleaned us out - we have nothing left.  Jewellery that had been passed down from generations and other items bought.  To be honest, I didn't have a clue how much jewellery we had or how much it was worth.  Only when this happened and wife told me what it all came too, I was shocked.

Granted their is coverage in local media here and there, but given the scale of the problem and the value involved, should  be hitting national headlines and putting pressure on Police to pull their finger out - to busy investigating Pleb-gate.  Hear so many stories about families and businesses being targeted yet no arrests anywhere.

Id guess when you do reinsure after this they will have some minimum requirements for your security, id guess they wont like your plug in units.

Might be worth investigating that before you waste any more money.

As above my recomendation is you get a pro in and see what they recommend. Its difficult to design anything without all the info.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Exerpt from todays paper in Letter about  Manchester Police and a supposed reply , " We no longer prioritise drugs as an offfence as we only catch small to middle men not the top men" Or as accurate as I recall.

Not exactly heartening is it. What else is not prioritised?

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year guys, hope this year is better for all of us.

I remembered the Caulwell robbery the other day and re-read some of the articles, as I was curious how the robbers, in his case got into his house.

I would imagine he would have already had some pretty tight security in place.  Yet when you read what happened, the first the Cauldwell's knew is when the 3 men barged through their kitchen door!?

This is what confuses the hell out of me, how did these guys get to the front door without the Cauldwells' knowing about it.  Surely they would have had some sort of gjd pir or beams or some expensive bit of kit to alert them of intruders on their property!

It seems to be a running theme with other high profile robberies e.g. the string of robberies on premiership footballer homes, with their wives at home and the players away.

I couldn't find anything that  said what sort of security system they had and why it failed.  I hope they didn't just have a house alarm only.

I'm sure you guys must have discussed this at the time (I can't find any discussions on this forum tho) as to what went wrong or what was lacking etc

Anyone shed  any light?

This is what confuses the hell out of me, how did these guys get to the front door without the Cauldwells' knowing about it.  Surely they would have had some sort of gjd pir or beams or some expensive bit of kit to alert them of intruders on their property!

Maybe they had nothing more than a yale lock with the key under the mat?

Looking at the story in the DM, if you can run a helicopter & £10 million house, you should be in postion to build a security lodge & either & have on or offsite secuity.

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived