Security Installer Community

What I Have To Put Up With

magpye

Not that up on Texecom so correct me if I'm wrong but it looks to me as if the comms is fed from the unfused digi power connections too? On the few Premiers I've worked on the DC+ terminal is unfused. Also looks as if the mains comes through the same entry as the alarm cables? Hard to tell but looks that way. Battery dated (is it on the little sticker on top?) ;)

Previous company I worked for were a pain for "hiding" the redcare in nice houses, though the cable to it was usually just under the carpet with the rest of them. Used to go to one place quite a bit and never actually found the STU, just a chip number on the panel!

Trade Member

Not that up on Texecom so correct me if I'm wrong but it looks to me as if the comms is fed from the unfused digi power connections too? On the few Premiers I've worked on the DC+ terminal is unfused. Also looks as if the mains comes through the same entry as the alarm cables? Hard to tell but looks that way. Battery dated (is it on the little sticker on top?) ;)

Yep, unfused DC comms connections.

Yep, 1.5 mm cable to the in of the spur comes through the panel and back out.

That sticker is suppose to have the date on I can't remeber if it did; I replaced the battery for a 7Ah.

IIRC it was a PITA with the cables and the panel being on it's side.

Archived