Security Installer Community

50131-7

james.wilson

Think again, there are a hell of a lot in London for one.

High end, very high end domestic.

One house I worked on (Which was the biggest private residence in London at one time) had a 502 Gal, fully loaded.

Each room had PIR, Shocks and contacts, Setting Groups was fun :D

There are large domestic properties like this all over.

Cheshire springs to mind of at one of the places we mainly install contacts and vipers to every window; at first fix.

Some customers like the comfort but also freedom supplied by perimeter protection.

we're doing 3 large G3 jobs at the moment with loads of perimeter protection, easily 100+ window contacts on each job. we're shying away from vipers due to proximity of busy roads but we also have a lot of TMD in addition to the windows (the theory being the side curtain makes up for the lack of secondary perimeter).

High end, very high end domestic.

One house I worked on (Which was the biggest private residence in London at one time) had a 502 Gal, fully loaded.

Each room had PIR, Shocks and contacts, Setting Groups was fun :D

Yes but London isnt normal. All i ever see is relace gate. Who wants to live behind bars without a trial.

Customers!

Yes but London isnt normal. All i ever see is relace gate. Who wants to live behind bars without a trial.

What is a relace gate?

Do you mean Collapsible Gates, or Grilles?

In some places they want them, some they need. I`m sure Manchester has its "quaint" areas.

Also some are told by the insurers, same as when fitting safes they don`t want but otherwise no cover.

Another up and coming is the electric roller shutter over wondows, very common in Europe and as we have a lot working here in finance they are getting more popular.

Easy money if done correctly, hardest thing is getting power to them, but generally in a refurb the FCU`s are there anyway.

And of course for garages, generally better looking than most up and over doors and a bit more secure in most cases.

Vipers and busy road = headache :D

TDM is a good method to go imo.

Used it were there was no way of gettng cables unseen, and RF wasnt an option.

Trelice.

Vipers perimeter = headache IMO. evrytime i see them they are turned down so low an elephant wont trip them. FA by design, wind, hail, rain, thunder, bonfirenight and thats without the tradesman interfering or the kids and their toys.

If i use them its not included in the confirm count or is audable only although they are good for internal protection and entry shock.

Customers!

Ahh, Collapsible gate.

You can open them you know :D For going out to the garden or out of view when entertaining.

Why they are the more expensive to make, far more parts and labour intensive to make correctly.

Some make them from plastic, WTF is the point.

There was a Manchester firm years ago making a "Bolt together" Decorative metal grille. A great idea.

Trouble is I discovered a way of pulling it apart with your bare hands,

They came down to us as we wanted to back £40k worth of it and brought a grille they had made that they used a Range Rover to try and pull off a wall. Video taped and everything. It would not budge.

Took me less than 2 seconds to rip it to bits,

They had not thought out the Mechanical Physics of the methods used to interconnect.

Got a nice bonus for that one :D

Archived