Security Installer Community

Advice On Sensor Positions

Would the Ventcroft Vision be best set on the slower strobe pattern? According to the manual it would want about 730mA in alarm on 'faster + brighter' and that seems a tad close to the max SAB output of 800mA. I doubt there would be much difference in the tones Sweep and High-Low?

Also regarding the Euro Mini's keypad, the manual states: 470ohm Resistor connected to the control panel and to the device which is furthest away. Manual seems to show 2 resistors in parallel at each end... I'm guessing it's to reduce noise to prevent data corruption but, Is it needed when only using one rkp?

Is it worth fitting a mains filter/spike suppression? My guess is they're not needed unless there is a problem with the supply (I will be plugging it into a wall socket, without a switch).

Strobe : why does it need to flash faster? Imo its there to visually indicate which sab is making the noise, once the noise stops its gonna get ignored.

Resistors do exactly as u say, but are needed. You dont want a tamper caused by data corruption when the sysytem is set

A mains filter can save you a fortune if lightning strikes, but the likelyhood is minimal. Possibly more useful is an act 1312 ( think thats the number) which reduces induced voltages, but if you run your cables carefully shouldnt be neede

Archived