Security Installer Community

Advice On Sensor Positions

The only reason the Accenta isn't graded is down to the fact that the miniscule things it fails on as james pointed out (which would cost Honeywell pennies to rectify) would stamp out about 60% of their G2-20 sales. The G2-20 is a fantastic panel but a G4 is around a third of the price with most of the functionality required for a non keyprox alarm. The bottom end of the market is pretty much all the same and it's usually down to the keypad on the wall and the g4's LCD looks better than them all I think. I actually prefer it to that ugly mk7 or mk8.

As we all agreed earlier, but he gave us the choice of those 3 :D

I knew I should have added that Scantronic to the list. Yeah I've looked into that panel, I like it. It's affordable too which is nice. :)

Going to have a good look at all of them. Would take the Scantronic over the Veritas!

- It's texecom but it seems a solid panel

Dont make the mistake of writing it off for the manufactutures name, texecom make some great products that a lot of us use. At my last look, they were leading the way in rf alarms, far ahead of other manufacturors

+ .............. Silly thing like setting your own message on the LCD)

Silly Texecom giving such a facility.

To place 24hr service number?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

- It's texecom but it seems a solid panel

Dont make the mistake of writing it off for the manufactutures name, texecom make some great products that a lot of us use. At my last look, they were leading the way in rf alarms, far ahead of other manufacturors

Sorry, wasn't wirting texe off as a brand name brand. I've looked at their panels and they're fine panels, but if I was going to go for a texe panel, it would be the Prem 24 which gets expensive with keypads. The scantronic gives more features (and IMO a better looking keypad) hence why I would choose it over the Veritas. Just trying to narrow my choices down :)

Silly Texecom giving such a facility.

To place 24hr service number?

Oh, no I actually really like that facility. Silly to be using it to base a panel on I meant. :P

I'm looking at either the euro mini or 9651.

Archived