Security Installer Community

Excel Costing Sheet

james.wilson

Dont over complicate this. This is purly for creating ball park figures when with a client. Quotes will still be done on the db.

My point is that both myself and sales either are too high or too low. Never get it right in our heads. Its a tool to be closer ball park wise thats all

I still think it dangerous.
The amount of time ive offered a rough idea to a customer and they throw it back at you when they get a quote "you told me £x".
Your going after the type of work where the customer exspect you to have an idea of cost on the spot? i can understand the small regular stuff but you wouldnt need any app for these just a bit of exsperience.

20 years back we just said.

Dist Board £400

Dbl skt £40

Light point £30

FCU £50

Seems your looking for one of those?

Customers!

Dont over complicate this. This is purly for creating ball park figures when with a client. Quotes will still be done on the db.

My point is that both myself and sales either are too high or too low. Never get it right in our heads. Its a tool to be closer ball park wise thats all

I'll send you one across later.

I still think it dangerous.

Your going after the type of work where the customer exspect you to have an idea of cost on the spot? i can understand the small regular stuff but you wouldnt need any app for these just a bit of exsperience.

20 years back we just said.

Dist Board £400

Dbl skt £40

Light point £30

FCU £50

Seems your looking for one of those?

^^^ I still do the simple jobs like that in my head :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

We have our own db that we use on the windows machine that does all our costings etc. However i want a mobile version. We all (apart from our sales manager) have windows phone 7's but he has an iphone 4s. I can write code for windows but not ios.

I was hoping to make a simple excel spread sheet that is then platform independant. But i want to have a limited amount of products on it. Just for little stuff. ie small commercial and domestic etc.

Id like to have a drop down box in the product code column pull data from another sheet etc. But im useless with excel in anything other than basic functions etc.

Anyone have anything or ideas where to look. Ill expand it and put back on here if so.

Many Thanks

How about making the spreadsheet in Google docs then accessing it via the web browser on the iphone? Microsoft also has SkyDrive with an online version of Excel which should work via the iphones browser.

Archived