Security Installer Community

Onsite Paperwork

Fozzies I never said they were rough, I said thats the way ppl who don't standards end up, how can you install to a standard you don't know

Flogging castle gear online is not the best idea either.

Have to say I agree with richl.

Aaron, i know what your saying but asking here is better than most applicants imo.

you can 'shut it' as well then?

I have no problem with anyone asking, but ffs not even knowing standards exist and you want to get approved?? Got to walk before you can run................but then what do I know lol

Applogies , but u came across as aggressively insulting, and i felt sorry for the lady wife of the engineer who is trying to make it in the security industry.

To be at the point of considering "trade membership", which is all ssaib/nsi is after all, you have to have made a conscious desiscion that you want to be a quality installer in the first place, and the fact that they are asking online for help first surely down to the fact that google is everyones first step for info these days.

not every installer is born from the big boys( aka bodgers imo(or adt etc)). Some get electronics qualifications and choose this vocation, without falling into it.

just an example for you to mull over as to why this question is not deserving of the derision you have given it...

which is all ssaib/nsi is after all, you have to have made a conscious desiscion that you want to be a quality installer in the first place, and the fact that they are asking online for help first surely down to the fact that google is everyones first step for info these days.

If I was the consumer & where to look on the op's webby they have this statement

We principally install Pyronix & Castle Care Tech systems which are one of the leading manufactures of alarm equipment and all our equipment and installations conform to the EN50131-1, BS8243, and PD6662 set out by the the European Standards Agency.

at best misguarded ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

wind your neck in you sad act. I pointed out that not knowing standards exist is a bad start, if you think different then your as daft as them.

Rubbish. There's lots of employed engs who dont know their 4737s from their 6662, nor do they need to know either so long as their employment manuals tell them how exactly their employer expects to carry out their duties.

The only people who need to know "the regs" are those who write the manuals and those who run small businesses. Im happy to help them when I can.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I think there are a few drama queens on here. I don't agree wanting to be approved means you want to be a decent installer. In many cases, as the O/P said they just don't want to turn away work.

I couldn't care less tbh, just my opinion.

Ps: I never worked for the 'Big boys' as you call them.

Rubbish. There's lots of employed engs who dont know their 4737s from their 6662, nor do they need to know either so long as their employment manuals tell them how exactly their employer expects to carry out their duties.

The only people who need to know "the regs" are those who write the manuals and those who run small businesses. Im happy to help them when I can.

They claim to install to a standard they have never heard of....................WTF lol...........this place gets better.

They claim to install to a standard they have never heard of....................WTF lol...........this place gets better.

Read it again. Employed engs arent claiming to install to any standand, their employers are.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Archived