Security Installer Community

Onsite Paperwork

The digital ones are all fair a well but if the iPad goes down or no signal .

I'd prefer to have no paper work at all onsite and it all be on my iPad.

Makes it harder for the next company if we lose the contract

There is that added benefit! In the panels there are no descriptors or group information so a new co would be a bit clueless. Our guys have a phone and iPad so if one goes down, the other is there. The no signal isn't an issue as the app syncs all the data when they get a job and stores it locally. When the job is cleared, it bins it but works very well. Works in reverse, when modifications are done or customer signs job off, if no service it saves to the device and sync when back in service.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

But then we do not get to see bad stuff done by previous companies....

I will never forget the comment an engineer wrote "the customer is a dick" in the log book. (which the customer had access to lol)

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

I see funny stuff and use of rude eng nick names inside panel on testing sheet.

None of which are mine though :-

lol makes me think of the rude "names" people have wanted users set up as when assigning prox tags. I'm all for a bit of messing around with those bits. It' about the only thing we can **** around with and not cause any harm.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Makes it harder for the next company if we lose the contract

ive never understood that way of thinking tbh,why do it..its the customers choice who they go with so why make it hard for the incoming engineer which could be you or me,ive seen it done plenty of times and smacks of small time toys of the pram actions to me,ive never done it and never will

ive never understood that way of thinking tbh,why do it..its the customers choice who they go with so why make it hard for the incoming engineer which could be you or me,ive seen it done plenty of times and smacks of small time toys of the pram actions to me,ive never done it and never will

Does you salary change depending on the number of contracts your employer has?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

The big boys dont make it east for us to take over their sites, UMS passwords and defaultings panels remotely when they know they are losing contracts. I know it's easier to take it over when the info is there and usually it is, we still leave a full zone list and log book onsite with the spec it was installed to. Everything's marked etc etc. but the sheets are electronic so all a new eng would have is "pmv replaced batt or fault zone 1051 replaced PIR with Dualtech. It's better than nothing.

Archived