Security Installer Community

Wireless

Oxford

Data around the ring is all encrypted between the transmitter and receiver.

The manufacturer of the oe slips my mind but if I remember its nothing too special.

Single phase mains as found in domestic applications.

Does anyone concur that this would work?

I wouldn't.

Them devices are ok for the odd IP point or for say, the typical data connections around the home/small office, but you're gonna hit a bottleneck somewhere with 7 camera's on them.

The whole thing smacks of doing a bodge so the 2 bob millionaire can save a few quid.

The manufacturer of the oe slips my mind but if I remember its nothing too special.

I don't think the security would be that much of an issue given the application, they are very useful little devices

I think it SHOULD work, however its a lot more complicated and expensive than a bit of cable

Cubit makes a good point about bandwidth

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Don't think it would work in this application as it does need to be the same ring throughout. Won't work in my house. 1 ring upstairs and 1 down.

Have you considered running the cable outside say down the back of the building in pipe. Could use cat5 cable and get 4 cams off each cable. Or get animal print cable. What kind or 70s decor place is it. Sound like my grandad would like it.

Archived