Security Installer Community

Wireless

Oxford

He's a bit of a fussy guy, really wants to keep the existing equipment and add to it. The original equipment was installed during a refurb, hence he is keen not to have wires on show and truthfully there is no way to get video cables to cameras without wireless - as much as I'd prefer to have hard wired.

Am i missing smething here?

If you have to get power there, how is another cable gonna make a difference?

Or have you gone for Richards crystals? :whistle:

You met my ex boss didn't you Andrew, I rest my case :whistle:

Yes, and look what it did to his cardigans. :P

Have been thinking about wireless IP cameras. What benefit am I going to get using a wireless IP over any other wireless transmitter connected to an internal camera?

Definitely no way to cable the whole building without dropping the wall and ceiling coverings and that is not in the budget for time or money :(

Have a look at the two prewired cameras, they may offer an opportunity to reduce the distance for wireless, extend a wired network or carry 4 analog cameras each.

Also have a look at what existing infrastructure is there, did they wire for additional TVs, network points, phone sockets or anything else that may have been installed during the refurb that is not being used or can be utilized in another way. You may be able to introduce camera signals into the TV distribution (if there is one) and demodulate them back to composite but I do not see any of these solutions being cheap.

BTW What is his existing equipment that he wants to keep to operate two "pre-wired" cameras?

I think he only wanted to utilise the original equipment to keep the budget down.

Now, I often use a piece of equipment made by Devolo to transmit broadband over mains. I wander if one could take advantage of this technology and transmit an IP camera signal via this method back to the NVR?

Welcome to the world of dLAN® ... devolo AG

I think he only wanted to utilise the original equipment to keep the budget down.

Now, I often use a piece of equipment made by Devolo to transmit broadband over mains. I wander if one could take advantage of this technology and transmit an IP camera signal via this method back to the NVR?

Welcome to the world of dLAN® ... devolo AG

Single or 3 phase mains around building?

Data around the ring is all encrypted between the transmitter and receiver.

The manufacturer of the oe slips my mind but if I remember its nothing too special.

Single phase mains as found in domestic applications.

Does anyone concur that this would work?

Archived