Security Installer Community

Can I Stop The Microwave Pir From Emitting When System Is Disarmed?

Do you allow a 2 year old baby to use your phone? Then why shower it with K band from a PIR?

Mine does, but we've had to put a cap on his text's coz its just been getting out of hand lately.

We have also turned the internet connection off because he was just no stop posting on facebook, not good in my opinion.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

If when the system is disarmed you switch the panel power off so that the PIRs do not work, will this screw up the programming?

No, but the world might come to a sudden end. Especially with allthem rogue microwaves still bouncing around.

We're doomed i tell ye, doomed.

If when the system is disarmed you switch the panel power off so that the PIRs do not work, will this screw up the programming?

an alarm should have a battery, turning the power of to the system should have no effect on whether the detection is powered

if you really want your microwaves turning off ask the installer to can them to pir's or g3 greenlines set up of an output

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

an alarm should have a battery, turning the power of to the system should have no effect on whether the detection is powered

if you really want your microwaves turning off ask the installer to can them to pir's or g3 greenlines set up of an output

Thanks for the advice MrHappy

Basically there is no clear report stating if the emission of Microwaves is dangerous and what are its effects. Ideally I would like to have them off when the building is occupied and the system is disarmed.

I have the Galaxy G2-44 panel. I was wondering if there is any way to stop the power to the PIRs when the system is disarmed.

The DT's will require replacing as mentioned, the dual-tech sensors can take up to a minute on power up to "warm-up". (Excuse the pun!)

So removing the power is not an option.

I really wouldn't be worrying about emissions from a DT, I have tested most Dual-Tech's with a microwave emissions tester and there is absolutely no reading.

I would be more worried about mobile phones and your microwave.

Upon testing some mobile phones the reading can reach 4-5mW/cm2 while ringing and 2-3mW/cm2 while on the phone.

As for microwave ovens just a dirty seal on the door and your emitting up to 11mW/cm2 into the whole kitchen. Also you'll be surpised how many recently bought cheap microwaves fail on the window you stare at your meal through. :unsure:

I suspect that that warning is there to protect Risco at a later date should (And I stress this is highly unlikely if you know anything about the theory of Radar Dopler) something ever be discovered in the future

The truth is your mains electricity cables are radiating radio signals, your wifi is radiating radio signals, even your tv is radiating, I could go on and on. Ive been in this industry for 30 years and Im ok, my predecessor has been in this industry longer still no effects of radiation from MW and we work inch's away from them

My advice if you really are concerned about radiation from your detectors is change them for passive infra reds.

Considering there is sod all power coming out of them, factor in the inverse square law with regards to power dissipation it is fair to say natural ground radiation will present more of a danger.

You have to go some to get affected by microwave transmission - and there is little kit about available to joe public that can do it - without fannying about with safety interlocks.

Archived