Security Installer Community

Can I Stop The Microwave Pir From Emitting When System Is Disarmed?

Yes its true on almost all Dualtechs, the only exception that I know of is Risco greenline.

Why do you want it not to?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Hi, Thanks for the reply,

Basically there is no clear report stating if the emission of Microwaves is dangerous and what are its effects. Ideally I would like to have them off when the building is occupied and the system is disarmed.

I have the Galaxy G2-44 panel. I was wondering if there is any way to stop the power to the PIRs when the system is disarmed.

Basically there is no clear report stating if the emission of Microwaves is dangerous and what are its effects. Ideally I would like to have them off when the building is occupied and the system is disarmed.

I have the Galaxy G2-44 panel. I was wondering if there is any way to stop the power to the PIRs when the system is disarmed.

Your safe enough with K band it wont cook you, far higher signals come out of your mobile phone and you hold that to your head

Fair enough.

As I said there are some which now do this and it needs to be done in conjunction with the control panel, your maintainer will be able to advise.

Its definitely going to be more popular but the driving force is reducing power consumption.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Archived