Security Installer Community

Texecom & Dt7550Uk2

zurrieq

The intruder alarm stuff I ordered with the help of this community have finally arrived and I have started looking at the necessary wiring. The keypad wiring seems pretty easy and straight forward. I am however quite stuck with the EOL installation of a number of PIRs for a zone.

Panel - Texecom 48

PIR - Honeywell DT7550UK2

I am attaching a diagram with my initial thoughts. I got the following questions:

post-30072-0-41490700-1295743527_thumb.j

1) Is the wiring correct between the panel and the first PIR?

2) Is the wiring correct between the different PIRs on the same zone?

3) Can I use Fault in the PIR as I cannot find anything in the texecom manual?

4) Is there a standard for wire colours?

5) Do I need to place any resistors on the panel side as well?

6) Since I have 2 or many PIR, should I remove the Tamper 2.2K jumper from the first PIR?

7) Any other comments are welcome.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 2 you should only have 1 detector per zone

3 - yes but I don't know the resistor value

4. - no

5 - all resistors should be in the detector

6 - no cost you should only have one detector per zone

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 - 2 you should only have 180 detector per zone

3 - yes but I don't know the resistor value

4. - no

5 - all resistors should be in the detector

6 - no cost you should only have one detector per zone

I am not sure if I got your answer right.

Should I have the PIRs in a zone in series or not? I have 6 PIRS in total... so these should use 6 different zones?

What do you mean with 180 detector?

Does the same apply to the door contact (QTY 1) and the smoke detectors (2 of these)?

Hi, 1st off not a good idea to have more than one motion or vibration detector on one zone, if one detector alarms you will not know which one caused it, but your choice obviously :).

You need ti place all detectors 12 volt in parallel.

You need to put the fetector relay contacts in series, the zone being closed circuit, you only use one 'end of line' resistor on a zone, every detector has a bridging resistor otherwise on activation it would cause a tamper.

If you look at your panel maniual it should show examples of door contacts in series, it won't show detectors as it's not 'done' professionally.

In your drawing you have 2 in wires in EOL you should only have the one wire.

Example 1st detector, green of cable from control panel to 'T' (tamper), link the other 'T' to 'C' with a spare length of Green wire, Insert Green of cable to next detector 'RES'. Joint the yellows in a separate terminal block on the 1st detector. Remove link for tamper ressistor but leave bridge plug on one pin.

Last detector as above but put yellow in 'RES' terminal and enable tamper ressistor value which is you 'EOL'.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I am not sure if I got your answer right.

Should I have the PIRs in a zone in series or not? I have 6 PIRS in total... so these should use 6 different zones?

What do you mean with 180 detector?

Does the same apply to the door contact (QTY 1) and the smoke detectors (2 of these)?

As per James, normally one device per zone-pir, contact or pir-if you have more than one per zone how would you tell which one activated?.

A-It's so much easier for fault diagnosis etc

B-For programming etc

You don't put ressistors in panel, any supplied are to be used with detectors not having them or not having the Ruhr values for your panel.

Colour code used is a matter for the alarm fitter, this not being regulated aids security overal..

many use their own or company code and repeat it on every job as it's less confusing to another fitter following on. Electricity is colour blind so it don't care, I suggest you maintain the same code on each detector for the same clarity reasons and general neatness.

The fault output is for anti mask feature, you don't really need it as you know not to block the sensors with obstructions like boxes or books - don't you? :).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

1) Is the wiring correct between the panel and the first PIR?

2) Is the wiring correct between the different PIRs on the same zone?

3) Can I use Fault in the PIR as I cannot find anything in the texecom manual?

4) Is there a standard for wire colours?

5) Do I need to place any resistors on the panel side as well?

6) Since I have 2 or many PIR, should I remove the Tamper 2.2K jumper from the first PIR?

7) Any other comments are welcome.

1 No

2 No

3 Fault probably not required

4 No but to keep the same throughout the installation. Your colours okay.

5 Definately not supplied for devices without resistors

6 Yes, but not recommended to put multiple detectors on the same zone.

7 The cable for each detector requires two pairs (4 cores). voltage, zone(EOL).

Only use one zone pair device (for many good reasons above) and to avoid confusion.

On a Texecom the resistor values are 4k7 zone (shunt) and 2k2 tamper. So your jumpers on the sensor look correct.

So the voltage wiring is correct to the sensor.

In the panel there should only be one pair (2 cores) in each zone terminal. The left most of each zone (block of 4 terminals) and the right most, the centre two terminals of each zone are for a different type of wiring called double pole.

At the sensor end the one pair (2 cores) has to be wired correctly into two of the zone terminals. Not knowing the sensor well but I would be certain this should be wired to NC and T1.

Hope this helps

6WB

Archived