Security Installer Community

Texecom & Dt7550Uk2

zurrieq

Thank you once again for your valuable advice. I have 2 sound bombs... do you believe they might be a problem?

The Quad Kinetic sound bombs draw 125mA.

I have been told to fit a 2K2 ohm resistor in parallel with them before now.

I prefer 16 ohm intruder speakers and silent part set option.

Then your fire tones will sound correct! (You can tell the difference between Fire/Intruder alarms)

On 25/01/2011 at 20:41, sixwheeledbeast said:

The Quad Kinetic sound bombs draw 125mA.

I have been told to fit a 2K2 ohm resistor in parallel with them before now.

I prefer 16 ohm intruder speakers and silent part set option.

Then your fire tones will sound correct! (You can tell the difference between Fire/Intruder alarms)

Now its too late to change them  Its a question of installing them or not. Will try and do them in parallel connected to the panel with a 2k2 resistor as suggested and will see what happens when I trigger the alarm. Anyways... i am still away from there as I am still fighting with the cable wiring diagram within the house  Then I need to figure out how to connect the other detectors and the speach dialler. A long way to go. But I am already better than I was last week thanks to you guys.

at the risk of falling into the same hole that arfur just dug and fell in i will say this.

i agree there is absolutely nothing wrong with wiring from rkp thats why they have the facility

however in practice i only wire from them when im gonna run out of zones or if i realise i forgot 1!

solely because i like to have empty keypads and plenty of well made off cable in the panel!

if you have to run a cable to an rkp you may as well take 2.unless youve already run the rkp then just wire from there!

hope that makes some sense!

No hole, your structured reasoning is more paletable.

But as pointed out they are designed for this purpose.

On several occasions it has always been best practise for the method.

Why it is "designed" for this.

Also as before you run a 6 core to a RIO whatever......connect to that. No need for a seperate PSU.

What is the difference?

And you could be using 8 zones from it.

Older TS Menviers used to have the RKP network fused seperately from the AUX One thing I dont like about the gal is its all fed from the same fuse, so if a builder twats a cable, you cant silence it..........

I

at the risk of falling into the same hole that arfur just dug and fell in i will say this.

i agree there is absolutely nothing wrong with wiring from rkp thats why they have the facility

however in practice i only wire from them when im gonna run out of zones or if i realise i forgot 1!

solely because i like to have empty keypads and plenty of well made off cable in the panel!

if you have to run a cable to an rkp you may as well take 2.unless youve already run the rkp then just wire from there!

hope that makes some sense!

Well it sort of made sense.

In this case there are 9 zones to fit on to an 8 zone panel with 3 x 2 zone keypads.

I would say it maybe advisable to keep a spare zone or two on the panel.

Try and keep at least a free zone on each device for the future.

Don't go filling the keypads up for the fun of it.

I however see no need in taking two cables to the keypad.

Older TS Menviers used to have the RKP network fused seperately from the AUX One thing I dont like about the gal is its all fed from the same fuse, so if a builder twats a cable, you cant silence it..........

I

But that would have still given the same result on the TS.

The whole point here it is an accepted and designed fact.

And better than slinging 12 core everywhere.

The pain about this is not being able to run keypads and nodes on the same bus. Unless it's a 2500.

Eight cores get full with "AB" "CDE" "FG" one spare to double the 0V.

With a Texecom you can triple the power cores and run 100m data on a pair (star) or 250m (daisy).

The data can run to keypad and expanders on the same bus.

I agree with Ox. No more 12 core mess.

Well it sort of made sense.

In this case there are 9 zones to fit on to an 8 zone panel with 3 x 2 zone keypads.

I would say it maybe advisable to keep a spare zone or two on the panel.

Try and keep at least a free zone on each device for the future.

Don't go filling the keypads up for the fun of it.

I however see no need in taking two cables to the keypad.

the two cables thing was meant as if your zone was close to your keypad and you had to wire the keypad its not much hassle to take an additional cable on that run hense wiring the zone on the panel.like i said before i only use zones on keypads if i have to.or additions!

the power feed issue was not my beef.builder is just aslikely to hit rkp as zone cables and at least it gives us something to do.at least it should b in day time!

On 25/01/2011 at 21:47, Oxo said:

But that would have still given the same result on the TS.

The whole point here it is an accepted and designed fact.

And better than slinging 12 core everywhere.

I can see both sides. I wire sensors off the RKP's no bother, same with Rios etc.

With K+'s we used to fit years ago, I always wired any RKP's sperate back to the unit, and used bell 2 12v to feed them, then if any probs on the detection/iD line, it wont affect the keypads. (especially if you had to ditch part of a line on a call out for instance)

I always wire any panel zones off the AUX on a Menv, if a fault developed on that, every things fine as the RKP will still be powered oui? With a Gal (Small gals like the G2) it cant do that, as all power is pulled through the aux regardless

but then the keypads could have a fault yadda yadda yadda, so where do you stop. I can see what he's getting at though 

Archived