Security Installer Community

Help!

danlad1980

hello to you all.

im new here and anting some advice.

i have been installing security alarms for many years but only just started doing it as a bussinss.

apart from basic training from honeywell, bt redcare and some other companys i dont have any likes to ssaib or nsi.

i have a job to do in the next few months where the system is on redcare. the insurence company want a service contract on the system. im wanting your help and advice on how i go about getting the backing of ssiab or nsi or some other form of backing to be able to other that service and satife the insurence company. sorry for the spelling.

Check NSI site or SSAIB.

You may not be able to offer the service needed for police responce.

I suggest you get a local company to "buddie" the system, and then go for your own registration.

Dan, welcome to the forum

I need to just run a few things by you just to evaluate where you are with your business.

Are you familiar with BSEN50131 PD6662 DD243? do you hold original copies of all relevant BS

Do you have at least 5 maintenance contracts

Have you worked for a NSI SSIAB company if so you would of been screened, if not you need to be

The above are the basic requirements, there are experienced companies/ engineers on here that are not Ssaib or NSI but would have all the above

Approach them, talk a deal.

You would have full access.

Suggest you chat to Peter for more info.

Looks like i`ll not be here for long.

Good luck.

Archived