Security Installer Community

Help!

danlad1980

you simply appoint firm as your sub contractor, whether you can get a decent one to do it cheap enough for you to add a margin is different matter.

The other thing is if I where your approved sub contractor I'd not be letting you add stuff willy nilly or change "my" system

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

i see your point. will have to try afew people and see whats what. got certicate from honeywell stating im fully trained in the system that will be getting fitted. my have to contact someone i know in honeywell and see if they know of anyone

hi oxo. what would be the best way to get a company to buddie the system? would they still allow me access into the system tho?

hi peterjames. yes to the above apart from the screening

OK Dan

The buddie system is only part of teh requirement to become approved, as I remember both NSI and SSAIB will send you a pack detailing the requirements, and everything you need. Then once you feel you have fulfilled the requirements and paid the initial start fees they will send an inspector, he will normally look at three of your installs and check that your installation skills are up to the standard required, he will also do an internal audit of your office including the customer files and where you keep the details etc etc, when I say office this can be just a room within your property . You get approval once the inspector is satisfied that you can achieve all the requirements

OK Dan

The buddie system is only part of teh requirement to become approved, as I remember both NSI and SSAIB will send you a pack detailing the requirements, and everything you need. Then once you feel you have fulfilled the requirements and paid the initial start fees they will send an inspector, he will normally look at three of your installs and check that your installation skills are up to the standard required, he will also do an internal audit of your office including the customer files and where you keep the details etc etc, when I say office this can be just a room within your property . You get approval once the inspector is satisfied that you can achieve all the requirements has cashed the cheque

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I know when I looked at NSI 3 years ago, they told me j could use my home office, but needed an access which us not part of the living area.

I asked why? Got told 'the inspector should not have to risk having their leg humped by the family dig, or treading into something nasty'.

Our dog was to old for such idea's - and the wife pretty careful with her bath hat, but the humour was lost on him :).

arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived