Security Installer Community

Sleeping Viper Glxs

looops

As said before, prem outputs can be configured to pretty much anyway you need.

Adi. I've RTFM'd many times on this. Manual surely says there's -ve on OP1 and OP2 but +ve is only available on bigger units via their OP3 and OP4. Please tell me I'm wrong as I don't really want to faff about with relays.

there isnt much current available in the off drive state.

so if its a neg output then it might have 400mA at 0v but only 10m/A at 12v.

But im sure you will have a 'viper reset' output type. If so you run the 0v supply to the vipers from the outputs and the panel will keep that output active normally but remove the power at each arm state. However you will need to tell the panel this is happening to its circuits as they will breifly go open circuit as the power is removed.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm off to bed to dream of set terminals and can you/can't you reset a Viper with the -ve OP1. ~ If I can decipher the output menu structure.

I'm an IT guy - would the programming be easier with the Com IP module?

On a Premier the outputs can be inverted in the attributes menu of system outputs.

Therefore an output that was 0v applied when active, will be 12v applied when active. Program the output as Detector Reset and invert the pin if required.

TBH sounds like the latch lines not working because not wired correctly to the panel.

Its always an IT guy.... invert panel output or expander output, stu foot print relay card, surpressed relay of put, push to make switch (retro)

"stu foot print relay card, surpressed relay of put, push to make switch (retro)"

Don't make me get all IT on ya'all; airlocks in woggle toggle gangliums etc.

Gotcha on the invert panel output. Will ping out the wiring too.

Thanks.

Archived