Security Installer Community

Handsfree Video Entry System With Intercom

Driller

Could anyone recommend a residential colour video access system which can have 5 intercommunicating monitors with an "all call" ability?

Much like this Aiphone system:

http://www.bctechnologyltd.co.uk/colour-video-entry-security/kb-3mrd-video-sentry-colour-tilt.htm

but handsfree?

I've scoured all the usual suspects: Fermax, BPT, Aiphone, Urmet etc but to no avail.

cheers

Urmet Imago apartment stations on the 2go system. I've done a house with 3 and you can call between floors.

Programming is a bit of a pain

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Comelit,BPT.

Be prepared to have a heart attack when you price it up!

Comelit is easier to install and programme. 2 wire system.

Bpt has possibly the smallest monitor/handset unit.

Aiphone are poor at customer relations, hate dealing with them!

money no object ?

Money no object...until I see the quote :P

What did you have in mind?

To confirm, there has to be at least 5 internal colour monitors which can communicate in an "all call" fashion. I've noticed several that do intercom but only to a specific monitor which is hopeless if you don't know where the person is and involves much hilarious running around chasing active monitors and cursing :D

Have considered an audio only system using small LCD monitors with an always on cam feed which would also be piped into the multiroom. (The rest of the CCTV feeds are already integrated).

I'm going to check out Commax, Comelit from BPT and the Terranio. Imago is no good unfortunately as doesn't have a 5 monitor capability and no "all call".

TBH I'm surprised that there isn't anything easier to find in 2010 that can do this what with all the other domotic stuff going around.

Archived