Security Installer Community

Handsfree Video Entry System With Intercom

Driller

Comlit and BPT are separate companies :P

Yeah I just realised but couldn't edit!

I couldn't understand why I never saw Comelit on the BPT website before...

Commax and Comelit stuff looks good but it's looking like I can't get 5 monitors to a system.

At the moment the BPT KB series does the job but it's not hands free and has those horrible (IMO) slinky cable handsets.

Handsfree is all well and good but if it's in a working office and every Tom and Dick can hear the conversation with the DHL man at the door, people are soon going to get a bit pee'd off.

That makes a lot of sense but this is residential hence need for aesthetic. Handsfree is practical for intercom too

Just checked with my m8 ( Door Entry Direct formerly SRS ) they say Comelit do a one button 5 monitor video hands free system.

I should get the quote in the morning as only just called them.

lol at HPotter :P

Thanks for the suggestions, just digesting them all. I had looked at IP stuff before including a handset which was very much like that of MrH above, was called GL or GX or something, can't remember the comapany.

Can't remember why I dropped IP in the end. One of the reasons, I think, is that in at least 3 places the monitor has to go on the wall and although a handset will do that, it's not as integrated as a flat monitor. Also not keen on having to depend upon a pc going all the time, performance and reliability wise. There is a PBX in place already although it's not IP so maybe that was the reason.

I'm having another look at it anyway in-between rewiring my node zero-again (Oxo would approve-or maybe not, have to see :P)

Arfur's idea is interesting especially since the other cams are already on the screens. Whether or not it is practical to turn a tv on and select the cams each time someone rings though...I'd use standard handsets as well, any DECT ones would get lost rapidly knowing my wife.

Waiting with interest to hear about those Comelit monitors.

Right here we go.

1 button vandal resistant entrance panel (Flush)

5 x Colour video monitors ( Planux (Flush))

All components (PSU,MIXER, FLUSH BRACKETS/PLATES ECT)

Door Entry Direct £2046.00 + Vat 5% discount on collection/Prepayment

www.doorentrydirect.com ( This will give public prices not trade unless you have account log in)

Any questions 020 8357 4020

Archived