Security Installer Community

Home System

Mattyg2004

just thought id say, that i have £10000 worth of panasonic and other cctv gear on my house.

i use the wjhd316 as well as various panny ptz domes.

to get the best out if theis system use:

crt monitors, flat pannels are **** and make the images noisey.

if you have a camera on the side of your house at say 3mm wide angle watching your garden, and house (windows doors etc) then yes play back images will be ok but you wont be able to make out any intruders face, forget about the wide angle view or use 2 cameras, have one zoomed in and focused on windows doors etc and the other on wide view so you can see whats going on everywhere, the main thing is to cover points of entrys, and have the camera zoomed on only on these places.

most of my cameras catch full faces and are not pixalted at all

shutter speeds are very very important, this is one of the main things in capturing moving suspects in clear and usable ways. at night time i turn the shutter speeds off due to lighting conditions, and point my ptzs at accese points (also have fixed cameras)

my system had caught many things, inc a wheelie bin theif, who was arreseted and charged the next day

remember if you want to catch peoples faces dooing the bas things to your home, you need the cameras zoomed on ie on your car not the car the gates the grass the drive etc, just have it on the car with a small area around it

propper zoomed and focused and shutter speeded currectly will catch the buggers

stick some low wattage 3d lights on the walls (above the cameras so you get no blur or white out and you will be fine, or get some pir lights.

all my gear is off ebay it defo is not **** or rubbish at all, you just need to know how to set it up.

not a bad post that.

You could also consider megapixel etc as this will give the wide angles people crave with the detail req.

i will be having some of them when they are the right price at second hand

ive always been into technolgy and i started with cheap micromark camera 15years ago

slowly upgraded over the years and now have a better system then most shops and indeed factorys, im always upgrading cameras to newer models etc (used or new from ebay)

best bargin ever was 2 brand new boxed panasonic 960s (current models) approx £3000 worth, i got the pair for £350

panasonic gear does it for me, i do use vista and honewell domes and box cameras aswell though.

dm dvrs aint very good as far as im concernd and are very overrated.

forgot to say aswell, home user should think about using cat 5 cable for power and video (1amp max current though)

also get test monitor for setting up your cameras on the ladders, i have a lcd test monitor, which in truth is rubbish for picture quality, but it does the job for positioning and focusing, i have this on a 20m cable for pwer and use a car battery at base of ladders, its impoosible to focus cameras by going up down ladders to the monitor in your sitting room, then back up the ladders.

second hand high end kit is thet way to go for home users (aslong as they understand how to wire it up, what bnc conectors are etc, all my mates now understand this and have hi end used kit on there homes, we all watch each others houses etc when on holidays etc, but i watch my own from my laptop anywhere in the world - love it

and as back ups i have some panasonic ip cameras in my house, set to motion activate watching my tv and hifi etc and some doors, any movement on these and the images are sent via ftp out of the house to remote storage.

I'd think most who install CCTV would have a test monitor of sorts.

with mobile phone access on modern systems, I now often as not use my iPod to check I have the view i want and confirm a picture actually back at the dvr, which can save a wasted walk back ir two ;).

the screen is excellent you just need to allow for a little network delay while adjusting,

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Or very familiar with a certain product originating from there?

i hope you were joking

ive already said that i am a technolgy geek, cctv is just one of my hobbies

I'd think most who install CCTV would have a test monitor of sorts.

with mobile phone access on modern systems, I now often as not use my iPod to check I have the view i want and confirm a picture actually back at the dvr, which can save a wasted walk back ir two ;).

the screen is excellent you just need to allow for a little network delay while adjusting,

Arfur

my htc desire android will not let me gain accse to my panny dvr, this is because the dvr tries to download software, ive never tried my phone with my ip cameras, but i do belive it would work for viewing these.

Archived