Security Installer Community

Home System

Mattyg2004

Hi matty i have been reading this post with interest. any dvr that lists its quality as IPS is bad. this is done to make the dvr look good were infact it is poor. and is used for cif machines. if it lists 100 IPS this is not the same as FPS i.e 100ips = 50fps 50ips = 25fps. so if you set your dvr at 50ips and spred that between how many cameras you have connected (say 4) you are only getting = 50ips =25fps each cam is getting 7.5 fps. and the best res for your dvr will be 360x288 (cif)and you say about connecting a dvr. please dont think that your fottage will play back on a dvd player because it wont. the reason why it goes onto a dvd is because it holds more info than a cd-r . and it will still only play back on a pc

Tomcctv is correct but I am not sure this applies to the Panasonic, unfortunately FPS does not necessarily mean frames per second as I have seen it used for Fields Per second also. So it really depends on the manufacturer. Reading between the lines and the way the terminology that pana are using I would expect that ips = frames(images) per second and not fields.

Tomcctv is correct but I am not sure this applies to the Panasonic, unfortunately FPS does not necessarily mean frames per second as I have seen it used for Fields Per second also. So it really depends on the manufacturer. Reading between the lines and the way the terminology that pana are using I would expect that ips = frames(images) per second and not fields.

To add further to the confusion are some manufacturer quotes "IPS" (image per second). An "FPS" (frames per second) why do they do this-because 2IPS=1FPS. Therefore, it takes 60IPS to equal 30FPS or a single real-time image. It becomes more convoluted because in "images" per second there are "initial" frames and subsequent frames which refresh only changed portions of the image. Confused yet! Well make sure they are talking "Frames" per second and not "Fields" per second, as similar to IPS there are two fields to each frame.

Thanks Guys,

@Tom I have, although not yet fitted the same camera as your avatar what do you think of them. I'm assuming its not just a generic pic.

I'm still on with this just been busy having a website designed.

I'm looking at NVR's now. If you guys think they are a go'er and can do a home system for under £1500 I may start a new thread.

I can sell all my equipment and start again if its worth it.

Been looking into nuuo.??

Just trying to get ideas and prices at the moment.

Hi Matty. yes i only use CNB and sunkwang cameras and sanyo for ip. if this system is for your home i would use a hybrid. why not have the best of both worlds. nuuo does have a licence cost on some ip cameras same as geovision and the cost has to be put into your budget. were as the likes of avermedia you can fitt any camera you like with no extra charges.

digitalwitness

There is a big push now on HD-SDI as the standard was agreed recently. HD CCTV pictures down exiting coax with no IP configuring and going back to a DVR, will slow down HD IP rollout I reckon

i think it will be a few years yet before we see HD. i do have on test at the moment a hybrid blu-ray with sanyo hd3500 and the 470 running HD and it is outstanding footage. (just a shame i have to give it back in a few weeks)

Archived