Security Installer Community

Home System

Mattyg2004

Gonna sound rude, have you focused the cameras in real good? If not you are in fact 'blowing up' a 35mm frame, so any fuzz will also be blown up and exagerated.

At the point you need best focus use a thin line like a pavement join, or number plate to set up on.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Gonna sound rude, have you focused the cameras in real good? If not you are in fact 'blowing up' a 35mm frame, so any fuzz will also be blown up and exagerated.

At the point you need best focus use a thin line like a pavement join, or number plate to set up on.

Arfur

Not rude at all Arfur

I'll PM a link for you if you dont mind.

Thanks

Matt

After a quick look, Panasonic terminology Frame is equivalent to 720x576 recording resolution (25ips available), Field is 720x288 with 50ips and sif is 360x288 with 100ips. There are four quality settings there after Super Fine, Fine, Normal, extended.

From this I would recommend 720x288 at Super Fine, anymore than 10 cameras and you will need all the 50ips. If you can use a CRT monitor rather than a flat screen, even a CRT TV would do for testing. If not available try a download and view the playback on a PC and judge from that.

After a quick look, Panasonic terminology Frame is equivalent to 720x576 recording resolution (25ips available), Field is 720x288 with 50ips and sif is 360x288 with 100ips. There are four quality settings there after Super Fine, Fine, Normal, extended.

From this I would recommend 720x288 at Super Fine, anymore than 10 cameras and you will need all the 50ips. If you can use a CRT monitor rather than a flat screen, even a CRT TV would do for testing. If not available try a download and view the playback on a PC and judge from that.

Thanks for the clarification. I have it set to Field and SFa this model has A+B for the choices apparently B is for more dynamic pictures??? I have tried both.

I have downloaded to a PC and its still the same. I'm trying to borrow a plextor dvd drive to copy onto to try in a DVD player.

I will hook up to the TV tomorrow Pioneer 500a I have a15 inch monitor in the loft I'll dig that out to as it says it will output to a pc monitor via D-sub.

Thanks for all your help guys.

I may have bought a unit that really isnt meant to be on constant record. More like lots connected to lots of screens with an operator constantly watching and then hitting emergency record when needed.

Ill be happy enough to keep my original HD500 if only i could get 2x500g hdd in it. For some reason it will only format to 187GB per disk.

I'm almost tempted to sell everything and get a low end pro Ip dvr. Anyone got a 2nd hand IP dvr.lol

Thanks for the clarification. I have it set to Field and SFa this model has A+B for the choices apparently B is for more dynamic pictures??? I have tried both.

I have downloaded to a PC and its still the same. I'm trying to borrow a plextor dvd drive to copy onto to try in a DVD player.

I will hook up to the TV tomorrow Pioneer 500a I have a15 inch monitor in the loft I'll dig that out to as it says it will output to a pc monitor via D-sub.

Thanks for all your help guys.

I may have bought a unit that really isnt meant to be on constant record. More like lots connected to lots of screens with an operator constantly watching and then hitting emergency record when needed.

Ill be happy enough to keep my original HD500 if only i could get 2x500g hdd in it. For some reason it will only format to 187GB per disk.

I'm almost tempted to sell everything and get a low end pro Ip dvr. Anyone got a 2nd hand IP dvr.lol

Hi matty i have been reading this post with interest. any dvr that lists its quality as IPS is bad. this is done to make the dvr look good were infact it is poor. and is used for cif machines. if it lists 100 IPS this is not the same as FPS i.e 100ips = 50fps 50ips = 25fps. so if you set your dvr at 50ips and spred that between how many cameras you have connected (say 4) you are only getting = 50ips =25fps each cam is getting 7.5 fps. and the best res for your dvr will be 360x288 (cif)and you say about connecting a dvr. please dont think that your fottage will play back on a dvd player because it wont. the reason why it goes onto a dvd is because it holds more info than a cd-r . and it will still only play back on a pc

Hi matty i have been reading this post with interest. any dvr that lists its quality as IPS is bad. this is done to make the dvr look good were infact it is poor. and is used for cif machines. if it lists 100 IPS this is not the same as FPS i.e 100ips = 50fps 50ips = 25fps. so if you set your dvr at 50ips and spred that between how many cameras you have connected (say 4) you are only getting = 50ips =25fps each cam is getting 7.5 fps. and the best res for your dvr will be 360x288 (cif)and you say about connecting a dvr. please dont think that your fottage will play back on a dvd player because it wont. the reason why it goes onto a dvd is because it holds more info than a cd-r . and it will still only play back on a pc

Yep your correct. But i can connect the PC to the TV. and get the same outcome.

Streaming from the dvr to browser at the moment gives an awfull picture Compared to its predecessor so I'm trying to cut out any bandwidth compression or limiting

I'll get the smaller monitor on it and see

I'm amazed that Panasonic would market a unit in such a way even when its aimed at the pro market. This unit is used in a few big shopping centers

http://pss.panasonic.eu/b2b/get/params_W0_MThtml/2045201/Cheshire_Oaks.pdf

And football clubs

http://www.sourcesecurity.com/markets/remote-monitoring/application/co-41-ga-co-1277-ga.379.html

And Vauxhall car plant

http://pss.panasonic.eu/b2b/get/params_W0_MThtml_Dattachment/1830071/Vauxhall_Factory.pdf

Yep your correct. But i can connect the PC to the TV. and get the same outcome.

Streaming from the dvr to browser at the moment gives an awfull picture Compared to its predecessor so I'm trying to cut out any bandwidth compression or limiting

I'll get the smaller monitor on it and see

I'm amazed that Panasonic would market a unit in such a way even when its aimed at the pro market. This unit is used in a few big shopping centers

http://pss.panasonic.eu/b2b/get/params_W0_MThtml/2045201/Cheshire_Oaks.pdf

And football clubs

http://www.sourcesecurity.com/markets/remote-monitoring/application/co-41-ga-co-1277-ga.379.html

And Vauxhall car plant

http://pss.panasonic.eu/b2b/get/params_W0_MThtml_Dattachment/1830071/Vauxhall_Factory.pdf

all panasonic was removed from cheshire oaks in 2001. and when everything was removed it was 1995 gear. and the reason for the upgrade was very bad fps. so the system is 15-20 year old. how many cameras are you running ???

ain't yours pulled out from a shopping centre & flogged of fleabay ?

Do you think they've gone out & bought something better :whistle:

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

all panasonic was removed from cheshire oaks in 2001. and when everything was removed it was 1995 gear. and the reason for the upgrade was very bad fps. so the system is 15-20 year old. how many cameras are you running ???

Research research research must do better reasearch.

I'm currently running 4

3 x enoe

1 x dome honeywell hd51

but i have 2x more hd51 domes and a CAM Concept Pro Housed IR 30x Zoom 1/4" DN 480tvl 12V RS485 http://www.videcon.co.uk/product_details.php?StockID=29

And I have some dennard Ir 2x led 1x halogen spot

Archived