Security Installer Community

Home System

Mattyg2004

Hiya folks,

Ok I currently have 4 eneo cameras in dennard outdoor enclosure running off a panasonic WJ-HD500.

We recently had a visitor who poured Nitromors over 2 of my cars then he drove 2 miles and did the same at a friends.

We know who did it. You cant make him out on my system (just a shadowy figure) But we can Id him from my friends, Who just has a camcorder linked to a TV DVR.

We had an absolute nightmare getting the footage off the HD500. So want rid.

I have managed to pick up a 9ch mitsubishi DX-TL4509 (with a DVD drive).

The problem I have is its not as easy to use or as nice to use as the HD500.

Now ignoring the price. I can get a newer panasonic HD316 or a samsung techwin SVR-1645.

I really like the Idea of near real time recording with the samsung. And hoping its newer tech. But cant ignore the 316 because its panasonic and I really like the Pan.

Just to throw another question in but a mate has just offered me a Panasonic WV-CW960 PTZ camera. Now I know the 316 will control it but will my Mitsubishi and would the samsung.

I also have a dennard halogen IR spot (the ones that bolt to the camera housing)A Dennard uniflood Led. A black diamond IR and a vista IR. Now I've written it down looks overkill oh well.

And 3 Honeywell HD51x Dome cameras.

So should I buy the samsung and connect the eneo's the honeywells and have the Pan PTZ on the front corner of the house

I can sell the hd500 on the bay (1 went last week for £380 without the network board)

Ultimatly i want to be able to control the PTZ and be able to do as much over LAN as I can now with the HD500 but with better quality and more FPS.

Maybe PTZ and the eneo's real time and the Honeywells @5 fps

Thanks for not getting board by the end and if you did you prob aint reading this.

cheers

Matt

Hiya folks,

Ok I currently have 4 eneo cameras in dennard outdoor enclosure running off a panasonic WJ-HD500.

We recently had a visitor who poured Nitromors over 2 of my cars then he drove 2 miles and did the same at a friends.

We know who did it. You cant make him out on my system (just a shadowy figure) But we can Id him from my friends, Who just has a camcorder linked to a TV DVR.

We had an absolute nightmare getting the footage off the HD500. So want rid.

I have managed to pick up a 9ch mitsubishi DX-TL4509 (with a DVD drive).

The problem I have is its not as easy to use or as nice to use as the HD500.

Now ignoring the price. I can get a newer panasonic HD316 or a samsung techwin SVR-1645.

I really like the Idea of near real time recording with the samsung. And hoping its newer tech. But cant ignore the 316 because its panasonic and I really like the Pan.

Just to throw another question in but a mate has just offered me a Panasonic WV-CW960 PTZ camera. Now I know the 316 will control it but will my Mitsubishi and would the samsung.

I also have a dennard halogen IR spot (the ones that bolt to the camera housing)A Dennard uniflood Led. A black diamond IR and a vista IR. Now I've written it down looks overkill oh well.

And 3 Honeywell HD51x Dome cameras.

So should I buy the samsung and connect the eneo's the honeywells and have the Pan PTZ on the front corner of the house

I can sell the hd500 on the bay (1 went last week for £380 without the network board)

Ultimatly i want to be able to control the PTZ and be able to do as much over LAN as I can now with the HD500 but with better quality and more FPS.

Maybe PTZ and the eneo's real time and the Honeywells @5 fps

Thanks for not getting board by the end and if you did you prob aint reading this.

cheers

Matt

samsung is only real time at **** resolution, 6fps at best resolution

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

from what i have seen of samsung units playback quality id say you will be far better of the panasonic unit. I dont know the mitsubishi unit however.

is your only reservation on the pana is the fact it wont control your ptz directly?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

must really be my age or my famed Ovaltine is loosing it's restorative powers, but i'm really confused here so O/P please bare with me a little,

i'm not having a pop at you but no doubt will feel like it, sorry beforehand-:

lets go for a 'RESET' -:

you already have what is a fairly 'decent' make in Panasonic of DVR (not that i know the unit personally), you have had issues understanding the downloading the evidence procedure (and many can be confusing to pro's) from it - so i'd ask what is the logic in obtaining yet another Panasonic unit, which will be highly likely to cause the same issues, apart from the 'bargain' price to be had what on earth would be the drive for the extra costs?

your money so moving on, if i were called in to advise you my approach would be to ascertain if your image quality once retrieved (with great difficulty) is a user ability issue (with greatest respects), being of little practical evidential use use i would move on to diagnose if this is a fault of the DVR's setup, or the cameras/setup and/or the best positioning/type type used.

in balance, you mate has achieved what was the main reason fopr CCTv i.e. to have usable images of the car vandal, and using what is a really low budget solution i.e. a domestic cam corder and VCR, is that not really suggesting something to you?

look, put the horse in front of the cart before you shell out more cash, i.e. sort out the camera types, locations and lighting, then your existing DVR setup first, i see no point in throwing good money at a new DVR if the cameras are kack or badly setup/positioned/ wrong option chosen.

sorry if the above seems a bit of a smack across the knuckles, but i'd rather be straight up and tell you as i see it, than see you being going to waste more money for no or little benefit which will be 'our' fault.

imo given you have already suffered a serious loss in some sort of vendetta, the cost of your system has not repaid itself due to poor images, it may well pay you to have an experienced CCTv engineer in and advise even if they don't get the work, he could even save you a lot of money on kit costs in excess of his fee's. bit like tuning the car it's the trained guys with the right test kit who know their way around more settings and 'tricks'.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Its only because I've been offered the 16ch. @400fps. its 2gb HDD and easy to archive footage.

Tell me if I'm wrong but 16ch is 400fps all in and the 8/9 channel is 225fps. So if i only used 8 channels then the 16ch would record at better fps

400 fps @cif. 25 fps per camera

100 fps @4cif (D1) 6 fps per camera

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived